It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Little Things are Getting Done.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

When the clock read 4:12 this morning I insisted that I roll over for a little more sleep. The next time my eyes flickered open and the clock read 6:43 I knew it was time to get moving. I’d missed my morning workout yesterday because my eyes had blinked and two and a half hours had past. By the time I finished my workout I was feeling physically better and kept that roll going by starting to make breakfast. 

When Kathy knows that I’ll be working out in the morning and she wakes to my absence in bed she somehow knows she can roll over for a bit longer sleep. Once she hears the slightest noise from the kitchen it’s like an alarm going off summoning her to the table. Of course the Weather Channel showed the temperature for today to still be well below the norm for this time of year but for the next few days we’ll be expecting above normal temps accompanied with rain. At least that doesn’t have to be shoveled or cleaned off the cars like last night’s s@#w. 

Kathy went to the computer after breakfast while I made my way to the shower and for a shave. By the time I was dressed Kathy was getting her coat on for our morning appointment. Outside after getting Kathy into the truck I busied myself cleaning the white stuff off before hitting the road. We arrived early for our appointment to get our last haircuts for this year with our regular hairstylist. Unfortunately the girls were so busy that we didn’t get home until noon both feeling about five pounds lighter from all the hair that was removed. Again this year Jenna wished she could hide away in our suitcases and come along to the warmer climate. 

Back home Kathy made some vegetable wraps that really hit the spot for lunch after which we again returned to the computers. Kathy had her budget entries to make while I had my own work and reading to get caught up on. 

After having supper and doing the dishes Kathy and I got ready to go to Amherstburg for our Wednesday night visit with Kevin and Melissa. The big difference is that we were both taking separate vehicles. The reason for this is we’ll be storing our car for safe keeping at our son’s home until we return in April. We are also doing it before Christmas because last year we were delayed in our departure by ten days when someone broke into the car on Christmas night and we had to wait for it to come out of the body shop before we could leave. 

We had our usual pleasant visit with the kids and lots of laughs to tide us over until next Wednesday when we’ll arrive in the morning for Christmas Day. With only eight more sleeps before we hit the road on our next adventure things are starting to get busy. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Know Where to Go

The middle stall in a public bathroom is the most contaminated.

The first stall is the least contaminated.

Dribbleglass.com


1 comment:

  1. It has been a long time since I have had to get the white stuff off a vehicle:)

    ReplyDelete