It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 11, 2023

Technology and Old Problem.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As with past visits to the Chiropractor, I am moving better but depending on what I do, the length of time it lasts varies. Walking out of the building this morning, I barely depended on my Cane. I wasn’t limping as bad as normal inside the Plant so Mile had me move a few Feedscrews around before I started on my welding job for the day.

I always say that when Technology works, it is a Blessing, but when it doesn’t, it’s a Curse. Today I was welding a Three Inch Diameter Unit with a number 83 Hard Surfacing Material. This is the one that all the Machinists Hate to work with, but it is a Customer Request. For the first Hour the weld was perfect, even garnishing a compliment from Mile. With only Ten Inches of Weld to finish the Torch plugged one of the Powder Feed Holes. (A common problem with the 83 Powder.)

The only way to fix that, is to stop the process, move the Torch to a cooler location and clean it. Then using a calculator, numbers have to be changed, before restarting where you left off. Everything went perfect and it even ran the Fourth Zone smoothly.

With no other jobs waiting for me, I set the Mixer Section on heat, while having my lunch. It helps get me through my day when I can talk to Kathy at that time.

When I hit the “Begin to Weld” button to weld the Mixer the Torch lit up, while applying Powder, but it wasn’t moving. Stopping the process, I had to grind a useless build up that did not match what was on the Blueprint. (Mixers are normally easy to do and gives me some breathing time, but not today.) After Ten Hard Reboots the same problem continued.

Bringing Mile over and demonstrating without the Arc that I could still weld the Flights (that were finished) but not the Mixer was convincing to him. I pointed out that each time the weld was started, the Speed of the Carriage changed to a number I had not entered, causing it to stay in one spot. I reminded him that same problem has plagued us for a year and it meant, it is time to get it Reprogrammed. His response was that Vic and I will try to fix it on Monday. After putting it in the Sandbox to slow cool I decided to leave early.

I had to sit while taking my Coveralls off, because I was feeling slightly off balanced. I stopped at Guardian Storage to pick up our Mail, before going home and felt more dizziness. Walking from the Truck to the Apartment was difficult as I would have appeared Intoxicated to most. Sitting in my chair, I thought I was going to be sick, so I passed out on the bed for over an Hour.

Years ago (1995) I had a slight hit on the Temple that resulted in an Inner Ear Imbalance that causes everything around you to feel like it is spinning out of control. It took nearly Twelve Weeks before I could return to work. Years later 2011, just getting out of bed caused it to return. The difference was the first time there were no Medications to treat the problem. I was back to normal Three Days after the second event. Since that time I have had a few more events and simply used the Old Medications to clear it up. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal tomorrow.

Veggie Wraps for supper.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

My teachers told me I’d never amount to anything because I procrastinate. I told them, “Just you wait!”

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes Mile seems like a reasonable person and other times not so much. I hope you can soon aliviate your hip pain as well as your dizziness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did'nt mention how hot it was in there....that can make a difference....hope it wasn't a return of the old problem.

    ReplyDelete