It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 25, 2023

Files Finally Gone and Local Flooding.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It doesn’t happen often, but just before I was ready to publish our Blog last night, we suddenly lost our Power. It meant that our Internet was down. We waited before going to bed in hopes that things would return to normal, for another very selfish reason. I’ve written many time about both Kathy and I having Sleep Apnea and requiring CPAP Machines to guaranty that we continue to breath while we sleep.

After repeated attempts to post we finally went to bed around 11:00 and slept Sans CPAPs. Our Power was finally restored just before 4:00, along with the blaring television, but no Internet. When the alarm went off at 6:00 I was too busy trying to wake up and missed our posting.

Everyone in the lunchroom had stories about Storm Damage and Localized Flooding around their homes. The route that I take to work, had a band of asphalt running through a newly formed lake. The water ran from the shoulder of the road, over the deep ditches and into the adjoining fields without showing where they started or ended.

As mentioned recently, things are very slow at the moment and if Mile sees me helping the Inspector with measurements, sweeping the floor, making adjustments or adding numerical values in the PTA Computer, he just walks by. There was actually a touch-up the Machinists wanted me to do today, but when he saw me on the Step-Ladder, adjusting the Powder Feeders on the PTA, they were told to wait until I checked with them for jobs. I must have welded for all of Fifteen Minutes today.

Since Kathy stayed home today, I stopped for the Mail and to pick up a few Groceries on the way home. To say we were both tired would be an understatement, but we stayed awake long enough to share a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News was busy showing area damage caused by Thursday’s Storm. We’ll be getting to bed early tonight.


Thursday Morning: It was another rough night with my Hip/Leg Pain being the cause of the restlessness. When the Alarm went off this morning, it was like I had been drugged.

I eventually got moving and was glad that I made it to the Truck when I did. I had barely gotten on the road when it started to Rain. Another mile up the road it was hard to see with the wipers running on high. Changing my direction helped to make things more tolerable. It actually made the drivers more considerate to those around them. When I pulled into the parking lot at the Plant, it was like someone turned the water from the sky off.

There was only a single Unit needing a touch-up on the Mixer, but there was no room on the Inspection Bench. I spent the next Three Hours helping Vic the Inspector to finish getting all the needed measurements from the Damaged Feedscrew that came in the other day.

When I finally had space on the Bench, I was able to do the needed touch-up. Once the Unit was in place it only took Five Minutes to weld. To avoid any further Cracking, it was Preheated, Welded, Post-Heated, then wrapped in a Welding Blanket to slow the cooling. (It worked!)

Because of the high Humidex Kathy decided to stay home in the Air Conditioned Apartment.

I again helped the Inspector prepare and wrap Four Feedscrews that will be headed to Oakville for chroming in the morning, before sitting back in front of the Control Pedestal for the PTA.

If you recall the Representatives of the company that produced the PTA had suggested deleting old files that were no longer being used, last year. No matter how often I deleted them, the next time the Machine was turned on, the Files were still there. I tried a number of different approaches to the process this afternoon and it finally worked. I rebooted the system Five Times and the files were no longer there. We’ll see if there is an improvement in its functions the next time I weld any Feedscrews.

Though the Clouds looked threatening, it did not Rain while I drove to the Wyandotte Chiropractic Center. I told Richard of the Extra Pain experienced after the last visit, so he worked around it. The result was me walking out as if there was nothing wrong.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed how the region had received so much Rain earlier, that there had been Flooding all around us. They also showed we could expect more Thunder-Storms overnight. We can hear them loud and clear as I write this Blog, and we have been having Power Outages.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You see a forest fire and think 'Bar-bee-Q'.

1 comment:

  1. I thought you had a portable power station like a Jackery or Bluetti.? If my breathing at night depended on a CPAP machine - I would definitely have a backup power source.! Plus of course, in case of long term power outage it can be used to charge phones, laptops, etc. Anyway, good luck to you guys.

    ReplyDelete