It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Short Day and Expired.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Having gotten up early on Monday morning helped me get a better night’s sleep last night and I was well rested when I got up.

The morning started off rather quickly, with me having to weld Lugs on Two soon to be Units. They had been cleaned off on the weekend, but needed the Lugs before they could be channelled on the CNC Mill. Then it slowed down where I did small touch-ups for a few Hours.

Since we have a few of the Machinists off on Vacation at this time, Mile has been working more in the shop. With the Shingles bothering him in this heat, he was staying mostly in the Office. He was going around today, chewing everyone out for unrelated reasons. Hopefully, his discomfort will soon ease.

Shortly after lunch I was loading one of those Screws that I welded the Lugs on this morning. It was so quiet that I even got the chance to enter all the guiding Numbers into the Computer Spreadsheet. I found out the only difference between the Two Feedscrews was the length. What you don’t want to do on a job that size is to partially weld it one day, then finish it the next. Instead, I told Mile I was leaving early, and would weld Both Units tomorrow.

I stopped a Princess Auto to pick up some Solderless Connectors that were on sale. With all the TIG welding that I have been doing, I checked if they had any Shield Bibs, but they didn’t. (They have all kinds of names.) The Bibs are used to extend your protection from the Welding Arc at the bottom of the Shield and are typically made of soft leather.

I went to the nearby Welding Supply, not far away. When I went to use my Debit Card, it was “Declined” even though I had just used it Twenty Minutes earlier. That was when I noticed it had been Expired for months.

Going to Motor City Community Credit Union to have it replaced, they explained that most cards Expiration Date had been extended when the Coronavirus hit. Bit by bit, people like myself were come in for replacements.

I walked in the Apartment about Five Minutes earlier that most days. I have to apologize to Kathy, because we were talking about something when my eyes closed. When I woke from my Snap, I busied myself chopping up Vegetables for a Stir-Fry that we ate as Veggie Wraps for supper with Cantaloupe for dessert.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be an easy day.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You bring your dog to work with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment