It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Scrubbing and Pitas.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After visiting with the newest member of our extended family last night, then getting to bed slightly later than I’m used to, I still managed to sleep fairly sound.

Knowing there were no jobs to be welded when I got to the Plant, I simply started cleaning my area. I’ve mentioned before that there is a lot of dust produced by welding with the PTA as well as all the grinding, sanding and buffing that takes place on these Feedscrews. I have also mentioned that Mile does not like dust and will actually order us to clean things.

This morning I didn’t wait to be told and started dusting the Pipes and Conduits attached to the wall, with a Rag. (No Swiffer in this place.) I kept checking for other jobs before going back to cleaning. Though it took some doing I was up and down the Step-Ladder many times cleaning the upper beam the Torch Carriage travels on. Due to smoke and dust from the welding Acetone was used to clean the film that had formed on the Ways. I spotted Mile watching as I scrubbed to get things clean. By break time there was no more dust on the upper beam.

There was finally a Ten Minute job that took me away from cleaning for a bit, but by lunch even the lower beam was totally void of dust.

I spoke to Kathy telling her, I might be leaving early. I’d rather be idle at home than at work.

Instead, there were Two more Ten Minute weld jobs and a damaged Unit that came in during lunch. There was a Three Quarter Inch section that held it in its machine that had broken off. It also caused other damage, so a new Unit will have to be made, but we don’t have a Blueprint for this. That means it has to be totally measured which could take Two Days to get all the information, before a Print can be produced. This job is ASAP. I didn’t leave until the end of the shift.

I picked up a couple of Chicken Caesar Pitas from the Pita Pit on the way home. They are a healthy version of fast food and at reduced prices on Tuesdays.

Kathy was surprised that I stayed to the end of the shift, but happy to see supper was served. We were both stuffed.

Even though I did a lot of standing today, my Hip/Leg is not bothering me too badly right now. What is bothering me is my Arms/Shoulders from all the hard scrubbing I did today. I definitely need to get back to the Gym.

Our weather is going to be like a Roller Coaster for the rest of the week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.

Salvador Dali, Spanish Surrealist Painter

No comments:

Post a Comment