It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 14, 2023

PTA Working, More Detours and Imbalance Under Control.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As expected, I managed to get a decent night’s sleep, though I didn’t wake up bushy tailed due to it being the beginning of the workweek and the Medications needed to get there.

Before I had the chance to start working on the PTA, Mile had me moving the Feedscrews from the Sandbox over to the Straightening Press, before adding Lugs to another going to the Mill.

When Vic and I finally had the chance to work together he was as puzzled as I was about the Changing Numbers. Most of these Numbers were attained by experimentation, when things were slow or by making adjustments, when Multiple Units of the same design were being welded on the PTA. It has gotten to the point in the last few months that once the numbers have been entered, the only thing that needs adjustment is centering the Torch.

We tried re-entering numbers and re-booting the system, numerous times. Finally, when the Numbers on the Carriage Speed changed to halfway what it had been showing and what we wanted. Though it was not the numbers I’d used in the past, this Compromise would work.

Vic returned to his job while I finished getting ready to complete the Mixer. It was at this point that Mile told me not to use the dreaded 83 Hard Surfacing Material on the Mixer itself but to use the Colmoloy instead. (Could it have been the Plasma Transfer Arc knew of the Powder change before I did?)

It took all of Thirty Minutes to weld the Mixer, thought this added Three Hours to the job. The Screw was in the Sandbox by 10:30.

It appeared there was nothing else for me to weld today and I was contemplating going home. Why suffer in Pain at work when you can do it more comfortable in your Recliner.

Just as I was going to tell Mile of my plan, he waved me over. I finished the shift concentrating on the repairing Feedscrews rather than my Pain.

It seems there has been an increase in Road Construction, which is now lengthening the time it takes to get home.

Inside the Apartment it didn’t take long before I was having a Snap. It was refreshing and made me more alert. For supper we shared another Store-Bought Thin-Crust Pizza. They are nice to have for a quick meal, but I don’t plan on making a steady diet of Pizza.

The weather guessers are showing Heavy Rain heading our way.

With the Inner Ear Imbalance under control, I’m looking forward to a better day tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I never regret anything because every little detail of your life is what made you into who you are in the end.

Drew Barrymore, Actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment