It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 3, 2018

Doing What We Could, Great Meals, Good Movie and Change Of Plans.


Our Location today is at McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

We both slept like a couple of rocks last night and even though I got to bed earlier then most nights, still managed to sleep until 8:00 this morning. I had the Window Shades up to let the morning Sun in, breakfast was ready on the counter and I had started checking out The Weather Network by the time Kathy came downstairs. The Humidex at that time of morning was already at 90 F (32 C) and the Picnic Table was already in the full Sunlight.

With breakfast out of the way we brought our Hot Apple Cider Drinks over to the Computers. Within the time it took to finish our Drinks I tried making a few Phone Calls only to find that the offices would be closed for the next couple of weeks for vacation. I remember how much those times meant before retirement.

I felt well rested when I woke this morning but other then doing indoor chores and getting things cleaned up, I just didn’t have any energy to go back to working on the Gates outside. 

Kathy made another batch of Blueberry Pancakes making certain to use the Berries before they could go bad. They tasted wonderful but our waistlines don’t want to make a habit of eating them.

The afternoon seemed to drag on even though we were working on the Computers. 

Around 5:00 Kathy sliced up a couple of Potatoes and a Tomato with Cheddar Cheese on that she fried up while I went outside to grill a nice Salmon Steak. It was warm when I first went out but then a breeze started which cooled things down in the shade. Kathy also made a Strawberry covered Yogurt dish for dessert. The meal tasted great and was more then filling.

After washing the Dishes, we watched another movie called “About Schmidt” starring Jack Nicholson. He portrayed a Businessman who had just retired when his wife suddenly dies and he starts traveling in his RV to try and figure out what meaning there is to his life. Anyone who has dealt with this kind of loss will really be able to relate to this movie.

Tomorrow we have a sudden change of plans. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

I never did anything worth doing by accident,

nor did any of my inventions come by accident.

Plato

4 comments:

  1. Those sudden changes seem to be getting way to common in my life. I am working on relaxing and enjoying the changes instead of fighting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book "About Schmidt” and saw the movie I found it to be excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put it on my watch list from Amazon. I keep looking for alternatives to TV News!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy is a chef, not a cook! Everything she makes looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete