It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Visit Rescheduled, Mini Visit and Tasty Buy.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

When I first opened my eyes this morning to see 5:20 on the clock I had to remind myself that this was another day off. The next time I saw the clock it was 7:36 and the start of my day. I only had part of my morning reading completed when Kathy joined me for breakfast at 8:20.
Our Sunrise.
We enjoyed our Coffees doing more research as a way of passing time before meeting up with our granddaughter for lunch. While Kathy was checking Facebook she got a message from Ashley. She was asking if we could reschedule on short notice. When Ashley is in Spain she teaches English Language Structuring. When she is here she finds herself any kind of work that she can for the summer and presently she is working as a Waitress in a restaurant. Even though she has a schedule when there is a large booking that suddenly comes in the Restaurant expects her to come in on short notice. We’ve rescheduled for Tuesday now she just has to confirm it with us.
Our temperature would only reach 72 F (22 C) today with a Cloud Cover that would hide the Sun from view and a North Wind that was making it feel cooler then it was. We chose to fix that by having a Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch along with a piece of Fruit Cake and a Dark Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

We didn’t finish eating until after 1:00 and talked about what we would do with our Free Time that we then had. When our neighbour Mike moved to his present site he inherited a Wooden Shed along with all its contents. Some of those contents were Planks that when I was offered said that I would pass them on to our son Kevin. So after loading them in the Truck we headed to Amherstburg to drop them off.

We hadn’t called but didn’t plan to stay too long. When we arrived Kathy brought a few things for their garden that Melissa was quick to put in place. After I unloaded the Planks for Kevin to use this winter under their Travel Trailer I went shopping in my Toolbox again. I have resisted bringing my large Toolbox in to work but there have been times I knew that I had a tool to make the job easier. I spent a few minutes scanning each drawer and only taking what I truly believed was necessary. Kevin even offered me the use of a small Toolbox to carry those items in. When that was done I was curious about his Street Rod. He is taking his time but has to research a lot of the original parts. He taught me to see the difference between a 1929 and a 1930 at a quick glance and why some of the parts are not interchangeable. It was like a mini weekly visit.
When we left we drove over to the Walmart. I need a couple of small shank Padlocks and Kathy wanted to walk and get a few groceries. All that went fine but there were so many people shopping today all the Cashiers were open and we still waited nearly Thirty Minutes to check out.
One of the things we got On Sale was a very large piece of fresh packed Pacific Salmon. When we got Home after putting everything else away we cut the Salmon Fillet in half. The one piece was then put in the Freezer while the other half headed outside to the Weber. Having Two Meals from the already reduced price will make that purchase even more of a Bargain.
Kathy microwaved a Sweet Potato and mashed it for us to share. She also served us each a small piece of Mixed Berry Pie for dessert. Did I say how Tasty supper was.
Sun trying to peak through the Clouds.
While we were enjoying our meal the Sun found a hole through the Clouds but by the time I scrambled to get outside it was gone. We successfully did the dishes together but when Kathy went to make my lunch she had a problem. As she reached in the Cutlery Drawer one of the Safety Covers was not properly on its Knife. Now Kathy is wearing Bandages on her Thumb and Surgical Wound on the same Hand. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

The end crowns the work.

3 comments:

  1. Oh NO!! I have to admit I cut myself often .. those safety covers just don't stay on all that well. Otherwise, sounds like a nice weekend day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Kathy! After all the pain she has been through and now a cut that probably hurts even more.

    Your fish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry Kathy for year another owie. Asking in curiosity if you are eating Atlantic salmon or wild salmon.

    ReplyDelete