It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2019

No Show Welder and Shocking News.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

This was the first time that I had been asked to work on a Saturday since starting this job and as I mentioned to the Supervisor I won’t be making a habit of doing so either. That feeling comes after working more Overtime than I care to remember throughout my career at Ford Motor Company.

The reason for bringing us in was to get all the Fixtures needed for the shipment on Monday completed and since we had Half a Day off yesterday we needed to make up the time. Notice that I keep saying “We”. I am referring to the other Welder that seems to be jealous because I am cutting in to his Overtime. Like I said before I’m only doing what the Owner and Supervisor tell me to do. That same Welder after attending yesterday’s Golf Tournament and Dinner decided not to show up this morning. That left Me, Myself and I to weld as many Fixtures as possible today.
The Bees didn't come to visit this Hydrangeas today.
When I spoke with Kathy at lunchtime she told me she had not slept very well last night. The strange thing was neither did I so we were both dogged tired.
The afternoon seemed to be dragging with no one else working in my area but I just welding away. It takes just under One Hour to do each Fixture but with the High Humidex it felt like the Welding Rays were cooking me internally. All forms of Welding emit Ultra Violet Rays but TIG Welding also emits Infrared Rays. By the end of the shift it felt like I was about to be sick.
When I got Home I found out that not only had Kathy been busy cleaning inside the Trailer but she had also been busy trimming the Flowers and Shrubs in our Front Flowerbed. She also cleaned all the Debris that had been blown into our Back Tree Line. With everything bagged it is up to me to dispose of it.
While we sat in our chairs to cool down Kathy decided to check her Facebook Account. She nearly went in to shock when she saw that her Aunt Lydia who being only Three Years Older and had been like a Big Sister to her through her growing years had Passed Away in her sleep Two days ago. Lydia had suffered numerous Strokes over the last couple of years limiting her mobility and didn’t want a Funeral. Kathy feels like she didn’t get a chance to say good-bye to her Special Aunt.
After I took my shower I grilled another Thin Crust Store Bought Pizza for supper. We don’t want to get in a habit of doing this but we were both hungry and tired so this was a perfect meal. This was a Hawaiian Pizza with Cheddar Cheese. Different and Tasty.
We’ll be going to bed early tonight in an attempt of catching up on our sleep. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Confucius Says:

Wheresoever you go,

go with all your heart.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. Bad news like that is hard to see on FB. I heard about my favorite cousin passing that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel about "overtime" to me it is the equivalent of a four-letter word. Was forced to work it for years...a dirty little secret of the oil industry...you did it to keep your job but most importantly your benefits.

    Kathy keeps on abusing her recently operated hand! So sorry to hear about the loss of her beloved aunt but at least she has the memories to remember her by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard to hear new like that on Facebook, I'm so sorry for you loss Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind overtime as long as I get paid. It will be over soon as you head south.
    I'm so sorry to hear of Kathy's Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry Kathy. Good for you for letting the Supervisor know you won't be making a habit of overtime. Sometimes as a team, it's necessary though.

    ReplyDelete