It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

More Repairs, Doctor’s Appointments and A Casual Walk.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Getting to Work early helps me get relaxed. I sip my morning Coffee as well as looking around to see what I can start working on before anyone tells me to. I had made certain when I worked on the Cooler yesterday that everything was clean and dry at the end of the shift. This morning I noticed Water on the floor by my Workbench right below where the TIG Torch was hanging. This is the same Torch that was on the Welding Machine the day I started and it had been wrapped with an Insulated Cover that was taped in place.

When I checked the Cover was soaking Wet so I started cutting the Tape off. What I found were Three Bare Spots where there was no insulation around the Conductor Cable. It was those Bare Spots that was causing the other Welder and myself to be jolted not the Pump.

How a TIG Torch works is the Conductor Cable is inside a Liquid Cooled Hose. The Liquid is then returned by another smaller Hose to the Cooler. A Third Hose carries the Inert Gas that shields the weld. It was strange seeing the Owner on the shop floor right at 7:00 this morning. When I showed him the problem he suggested I try to repair it because a Torch like that was worth nearly a Thousand Dollars. Luckily someone had salvage just such a Conductor Cable so I was able to swap it out.

The Second Aluminium Project was finally shipped out Twelve Days after it was completed. I finished today modifying another Welding Jig and as well as the Hydraulic Frame Cart.

Kathy had an appointment with our Family Doctor this morning. He noticed an improvement in her Rosacea since changing her medication. He was also happy to see her hand was doing much better. Kathy then stopped at Wendy’s for lunch off the Value Menu.
Every year around this time those shrubs change colour.
It felt good getting Home before 4:00 especially since I didn’t get a chance to talk to Kathy at lunchtime. She needed a Prescription filled but had to come Home after getting the Mail at Guardian Storage because she was expecting a call.
We headed off to Pharma Choice in Amherstburg and only had to wait a few minutes for them to have the Prescription filled.
We stopped at Subway where we shared a Turkey Sub for supper. By having it cut in half before they start we are both able to have the vegetables we like.
We walked around the Dollarama for a while picking up a few things that we needed. It was mostly to walk off a bit of supper and for me to see more then the Workplace.
Like the light coloured treetops.
Tomorrow Kathy has more appointments so we’ll see how they go. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is by far the best ending to one.

Oscar Wilde, Irish Poet and Playwright

4 comments:

  1. Good thing you have perseverance. I would have refused to touch that thing if I got shocked even once!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems there's always something at that shop! Good you know how to fix those things! A little running around after work, you do have the energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think YOU should be the surpervisor at the shop you work at.

    I know I have said it before but I worry that you being a "big guy" are undernourished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was about to ask abut Kathy's hand. So glad that is it coming along.

    ReplyDelete