It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 16, 2019

Aluminium Project Still There and Working Over On Another Job.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

The second person to show up at Work this morning was one of our Engineers who unlocked the Plant Doors for me. Bringing in my Clean Coveralls I was busy contemplating why the Second Aluminium Project that was supposed to have been shipped on Friday was still sitting in my area. After walking around I decided to scrub it down using Rubbing Alcohol which besides removing dirt from Aluminium also removes Finger Prints and other Smears.

That was when I noticed the Company Logo had not been installed. The Supervisor sent me to the Laser Operator who within minutes had it completely cut out of Stainless Steel. I had to Spray Paint the Solid Piece that lay behind the Cutout. Put together it really stood out.

When I saw there was nothing else to do on the Project I let the Supervisor know that I could work on something else. That was perfect timing because there was a job consisting of Two Hundred Fixtures that had to be ready for pick up Tomorrow Morning. They had to be deburred and cleaned after coming out of the Paint Booth Dryer.

I had barely made a dent by lunchtime when I spoke with Kathy only to find out that the Prescriptions she was supposed to pick up this morning were not ready yet. She had met our son Kevin who was getting something for our grandson who had injured his Knee in Gymnastics at school. She would have to go back later to get the pills.

Since I was only about halfway cleaning up those Fixtures just before the end of the shift I was asked to work with another person to finish the job. Since there were Ten Pieces Per Skid it took longer then we wanted when the Lift-Truck broke down. Instead of moving the Skids to a comfortable working level we had to work on them at ground level. We finished the last of them just before 6:30. 

As I was leaving I noticed things had been moved on the Second Aluminium Project so I suspect the Owner wants to make another change. After being there for Eleven and a Half Hours it felt good to be heading Home.

Since I had let Kathy know that I was staying over she ran another errand. When I called to say I was finally on my way Home she had supper waiting for me when I arrived. It had been over Six Hours since I had eaten anything and it tasted wonderful. Even my warm shower felt exhilarating.

Tomorrow Kathy has to make some Phone Calls for later this week. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You think Fifty Shades of Grey is a reference to your project car.

4 comments:

  1. You had a mightly long day. Hope you get a good night's rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are lucky to have you working for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too long to work without more food to keep you going. Glad that is over.

    ReplyDelete