It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

Forgotten Alarm, Injured Pride and Unexpected Visitors.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Somehow when I turned down the Bed last night and got things ready for us to go to sleep I forgot to set my Alarm Clock. When my eyes focused on the clock at 6:08 I practically flew out of the bedroom. Luckily things were already set up to make my Coffee, have my Breakfast and pack my Lunch. Instead of my usual Half Hour getting ready I was out the door in Fifteen Minutes. Even with heavier traffic I was still the Third vehicle in the Parking Lot.

It was an interesting day at Work. Even though the Owner wanted me to work on the Second Aluminium Project the Parts had not been bent because other jobs had to be done first. It didn’t help that the New Guy (Last Week) didn’t show up today so I volunteered to help out on the Brakes. I managed to bend up another Job of a Hundred Pieces while Kevin and Rick bent the Aluminium for my Job.

When I returned to my area a number of Skids with other Jobs had been placed in such a way that it was difficult to get to my Workbench. I had to move the Welding Curtain in place so as not to Flash others nearby. In the process I went over backwards tripping on a couple of those Skids. The only thing injured was my Pride but I said a few things loud enough that were heard inside the Supervisors Office. There was suddenly Four People helping me up. When asked what happen I simply pointed at the Skids. Five Minutes later they were all gone.

By the end of the day the Owner along with the Customer were looking at the Project and they were both impressed at how it was turning out. I had most of the Cap tacked together by the end of the Shift.
Another Visitor.
When I got Home Kathy told me how she’d had visitors today. They had come out to visit with us and didn’t know that I had gone back to Work. They stayed for nearly Two Hours talking about a lot of things before leaving.

With all the Aches I was experiencing I went to the Park Exercise Room and managed to work them out. As a Physiotherapist once told me Work is not the same as Exercise. Work causes the aches and pains while Exercise takes them away.
Back Home Kathy had me clean up the Strawberries before they went bad. Then we mixed up some Pancake Batter for supper. The end result was a very filling meal that will last us until breakfast. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your grandpa got cremated with a pack of Red Man.

4 comments:

  1. Don't let that job get the better of you, Rick. It's good to work the kinks out with some stretching exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like they are always changing the plans at work. Makes it hard on the people working there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to ignore things like those skids. After all, we are all still 25 years old, right? I don't remember EVER being careful up until now! At my age, I have to watch every step. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you didn't get to badly hurt during your fall!

    ReplyDelete