It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 20, 2019

Boy Were We Surprised.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

When I went into Work this morning I just thought that it was another workday. I set everything up before hand so that as soon as the 7:00 buzzer I started welding on the Fixtures I had been assigned to do. I noticed a lot of the other workers doing menial chores while I was taking care of business but didn’t ask questions.

Then at 11:00 the Supervisor asked me what I was doing because this was the Golf Tournament Day. I was welding the Fixtures. That’s when he informed me that everyone was leaving at 11:00 and getting a Full Day’s Pay. He didn’t have to tell me Twice.

Before I left the parking lot I called Kathy to tell her so she wouldn’t think that I had quit my job or been fired. She just asked “What’s wrong”? in disbelief. Again I told her it was okay before heading for Home.
When I parked the Truck on our Site before lunch some of our neighbours were wondering if I had skipped out early.
While Kathy and I ate lunch together I explained that even though we had been invited to Golf I had only signed up for the Free Meal because neither of us Golf. According to what I learned just this morning this is a yearly event that is paid for entirely by the Owner. That shocked us both.
After I took my shower we decided to run errands. The first place we went to was Guardian Storage where I found our Mailbox empty. Next we stopped at Green Shield to submit the Claim Form for Mary from Healthy Heals. Kathy pays the Cash up front but should have a full refund early next week.
Doing a loop to maximize our time we stopped at Princess Auto where I planned to add a Tool that they didn’t have to my Toolbox but walked away with some Sockets instead. Thinking Canadian Tire might have that Tool I was surprised that they no longer carried it either.
From there we stopped back at the Credit Union only to find out that Danni was taking a long weekend. With the Humidex getting close to the Century Mark we stopped at McDonald’s to cool down with one of their Blueberry/Pomegranate Smoothies. With all the children with their parents walking around the local schools must have had a Professional Development Day.
We headed back Home and spent the next Hour getting caught up on our Blog Reading before it was time to leave. Our destination was the 19th Hole Restaurant at the front of the Park. Every year the Golf Tournament is held at different area Golf Courses and this year it was held on our Home turf Wildwood Golf and RV Park.
We waited inside the Restaurant enjoying our Diet Pepsis while most of the others were out Golfing. As the Owner and fellow Co-workers started coming in we moved to one of the shaded Patio Areas for our small celebration. Kathy was overwhelmed being introduced to all of them but it helped her to associate a Face to Names that I have talked about at our dinners. The meal was Salad, Penne, Steamed Vegetables, along with Roasted Potatoes and Chicken all done to perfection. Even though it was all you could eat Kathy and I kept it sensible.
After the meal there was a small presentation of Golf Prizes then there were Door Prizes drawn. Both Kathy and I were very lucky drawing Monetary Gifts. All this including the Golfing Fees was paid for by the Owner. After a bit more conversation everyone headed there separate ways.
This is the Sunset we came out to.
Kathy and I had plans. We drove to the Amherstburg No-Frills where we did our grocery shopping. We used our Monetary Gifts that we had gotten this evening to pay the majority of the bill which meant we spent very little out of our pockets for a Cart Load of groceries. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your best jacket has a hood.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE those surprises!! And free groceries to boot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that was a nice surprise! Congrats on the $$ and a free dinner to top off the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. Nice to have some perks every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free Stuff!!!! Gotta love it. And a half day off with pay to boot.

    It sounds like you are better than my dear Husband. He NEVER introduces me to anyone. I know why. He doesn't remember their names. So I have to pick up the slack and introduce myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A half day of work with a full day's pay, a free meal and then a cart load of free groceries certainly lends itself for a great day!

    ReplyDelete