It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Doing Repairs, Kathy Gets More Exercises and Evening Chores.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I arrived at Work just before the Metal Delivery Semi pulled in to the parking lot. That was a good sign that we are keeping busy but what would it mean for me. I had already gotten my Electrodes sharpened before the start of the shift thinking that I would be put back on the Fixture job. Instead of waiting to be told I asked the Supervisor what he wanted me to work on. Imagine my surprise when he told me to work on my Welding Machine so that it would be ready when the Windsor Job came in. Apparently the other Welder had complained enough saying my Machine was “Unsafe to Use” that the Owner wanted me to fix what I could.

When I took the Cooler apart I found the first problem was a kinked Hose but even after replacing that the Pump would not work as it was seized up. The replacement should be in tomorrow. I found broken Wires that needed to be replaced before the New Pump arrives. Considering the Ground Wire was one of those that could have been why we were getting zapped by the Machine.

At a stand still on the TIG Machine I started working on the Spool Gun. This is a small add on MIG Welding Gun that can be used in someone’s garage for welding Aluminium but be forewarned it gives off a lot of Smoke and needs to be used in a well ventilated area. There was an issue with the Liner moving which cause the wire to burn back into the Tips. When a Tip only lasted Five Minutes this was turning into a costly little Machine. I drilled a small hole into the body and added a simple Metal Screw too hold the Liner in place. The Spool Gun ran the rest of the shift using the same Tip.
Kathy had another appointment with the Surgeon who fixed her Hand. He said everything looked good but added another exercise for her to do in order to fully recover the use of her Hand. She no longer has to see him unless a problem develops.
It felt good to get Home after the end of the shift. Kathy and I had the chance to talk before I started grilling a couple of Hamburgers for our supper. It has been a long time since we did this. Kathy made another Garden Salad as a side along with putting the condiments on the Buns. Our dessert was simply a Chocolate Pudding Cup.
It’s been over a week so while Kathy did up the Dishes I sorted the Laundry. After getting everything in the Washers I had planned on going to the Park Exercise Room but there was some kind of Meeting going on in the Clubhouse so that idea went out the window.

I was finally Home with our folded laundry after 9:00. Tomorrow Kathy has more Doctors Appointments so we’re hoping everything works out from there. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You know you are getting old when

you have a party and the neighbours don't even realize it.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Kathy's hand is coming along nicely and she does not have to see the doctor unless she requires it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear about Kathys hand. In time it will be like new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to learn how to weld. It's obvious you really know your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete