It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Sudden Change.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

With a little help from a Tylenol Night-Time Tablet before going to bed last night I managed to have a fairly restful night’s sleep. I even slept until 8:00 this morning without being awakened by the Phone.

After opening the Balcony Blinds then getting things ready for breakfast I also had the chance to remove the remaining Omega 3 Vitamins from Kathy’s Pill Doucette as recommended by the Anesthesiologist yesterday.

I started my morning reading on my Computer before Kathy got up around 8:30. She looked a little confused at first but I reminded her the Phone was not ringing. We both had a laugh but shortly after we moved to the Computers our Dear Friend Vera called for a short chat.

With the temperatures forecasted to reach 64 F (18 C) this afternoon I wanted to go work on the electrical issues on the Trailer as well as seeing if there were any issues caused by the Wind the other day. Kathy wanted to work on the new artificial Christmas Tree so I started to assemble it for her. The Sleeve I made at our son Kevin’s yesterday was a perfect fit. As I started trying to spread the branches I was finding most of them bent back on themselves. After Thirty Minutes I hadn’t even finished straightening half of the first section.

I made Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch while Kathy made a dessert plate of Cookies and Yogurt Cups. Talking as we ate Kathy suggested she would unpack the Ornaments while I should deal with the Trailer.

The first thing I did while at Guardian Storage was to pick up our Mail. I then stopped at our Storage Unit to drop off CPAP Supplies we had in the Apartment that only fit our Old Machines.

Arriving at the Trailer the first thing I checked was the roof for any Wind Damage that may have occurred from the high winds the other day. Even though the Solar Panels were raised I knew that they would be fine after having survived 60 MPH Sustained Winds while we were at Bottomless Lake State Park just outside of Roswell New Mexico. Everything was secure on the roof.

After tracing the wires I had to replace I found working in the Basement while it’s empty has its benefits. Since our Trailer is over Forty Feet Long the only spots that it will fit in is by where the Semis park. When I moved to the opposite side of the Basement the Wind started to really kick up. ???? The Forecast had shown Twenty MPH Gust but this was much higher then that. To stop eating Dust I simply wore my Mask but I could barely see from the Dust getting in my eyes. It was so bad I could barely see the Semis.

Back at the Apartment Kathy was surprised that I had not finished what I needed to do but with the Wind rattling the Balcony Railing she understood. Checking The Weather Network it showed the Wind Gusts of Thirty-Nine MPH which was double then earlier forecasted. Eye Drops helped me see a little better.

Kathy made Perogies with Sour Cream for supper. On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked mostly about the rising Coronavirus Cases and the Vaccines that could be available by next year. They also talked about the importance of getting the children back to school then in the next report they mentioned areas that have gone back to Virtual Learning because of outbreaks among the students.

I’ll try to finish the Trailer tomorrow morning then help Kathy with the Christmas Tree in the afternoon. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Access to power must be confined to men who are not in love with it.”

Plato

6 comments:

  1. Funny about the winds. Ours weren't too bad yesterday but then we aren't out in the open anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather usually follows yours, but we had a beautiful day with no wind. I'm surprised your panels survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy don't forget to put artificial water in for the artificial tree.
    We had some wind yesterday also but it was a cold northern wind.
    Stay warm and safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee thanks for the reminder! Ha! Ha! We miss you guys. Sending hugs and cheek kisses.

      Delete
  4. You have had some strong winds lately. I had wondered how your solar panels had held up but I was afraid to ask. Glad to hear they held up.

    Some very wise words of inspiration today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing the Walmart Grocery pickup. Have been doing it almost from when they started. Strange thing though. There is only one grocery item I have requested that is not available for online shopping. Pierogis. I wonder why. Other frozen items...never a problem. Now that I see yours I really have a hankering. Guess I will have to break down and actually go into the store. Bummer.

    ReplyDelete