It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Slightly Restless, Phone Calls Galore, Afternoon Appointment and Quick Project.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Maybe I’m just not busy enough but after publishing our almost daily Blog I did some evening reading until I realized it was past midnight. After tossing and turning for most of my time in bed I got up to try something different. Like the other night an Extra Strength Tylenol was taken. Since it felt cool inside I thought about checking what it was outside. The temperatures we are presently experiencing are well Below Seasonal for the month of November.

I only spent Ten Minutes on the Computer and made it back to bed by 6:30. It was a good thing that the combination of the Tylenol and my being really tired allowed me to fall to sleep almost instantly because the phone was ringing by 7:20. WTH?

It was the Hospital calling to talk to Kathy as a part of her Pre-Op Interview for next Tuesday. When told we normally aren’t awake until 8:00 we were told that they have started calling people by 7:00 as a way of cutting into the backlog of surgeries created by the first Coronavirus Shutdown.

While Kathy was being interviewed by the Admissions Nurse she needed information about her Medications. I had a Spreadsheet for that. When the Nurse started asking about previous Medical Procedures and Surgeries I had another Spreadsheet for that.

Due to Restrictions because of the Coronavirus I will have to drop Kathy off for her Surgery and not hang around the hospital. I could then only return once for a short visit in the evening. I would then return the following morning to pick her up. The Nurse then said Two Others would call us later. With an Appointment for this afternoon Kathy let her know that we’d be leaving by 1:00 so they had better call early.

By the time Kathy got off the phone I had already finished my morning chores and gotten breakfast ready. We both felt tired by having to wake so early.

We had just sat down at the Computers at 8:15 when the phone rang again. This time it was April the newly elected Financial Secretary/Benefits Representative from the Local Hall was calling. When I learned the other day that certain CPAP Supplies were not covered by our Medical Coverage I had called the Hall to voice my concern. Only being able to leave a message April was following up on it. I’ll be stopping at the Hall after I bring Kathy to the Hospital next week.

We were just commenting that it was already a busy morning with the phone when it rang again at 9:05. This time it was the Hospital Pharmacist reviewing Kathy’s Medications and making certain that she had already stopped taking any Blood Thinners. Kathy was then informed that there were certain Medications she should be taking the morning of the surgery. Since the direction we had said “No Food or Drink after Midnight” I had stopped all her pills for the day.

I had gotten dressed while she having that conversation. We finally had a chance to have our by then Cold Coffees.

As soon as Kathy was finished her drink she made a dash to get herself dressed. She hadn’t even finished that by 10:00 when the phone was again ringing. I answered to find it was the Anesthesiologist calling to review Kathy’s Medications and her Past Procedures. Using my Spreadsheets I was able to give him all the answers. He also made a change to one of the Medications the Pharmacist had suggested Kathy take.

For lunch we again had Sliced Pork Sandwiches along with Cookies and a Shared Apple for dessert. As soon as we finished eating we worked together to clean up the Kitchen and Dishes.

Even though the Sun was shining brightly our high temperature for the day would only reach 41 F (5 C) so we relented to wearing warmer jackets when we headed out the door.

Our destination was Amherstburg where I dropped Kathy off at Rivertown Dental. I continued to our son Kevin’s house. When I got there both vehicles were gone so I checked the Garage to find it locked. I returned to the Car where it was warmer and was just about to call Kevin’s Cell Phone when I saw a Pickup coming from behind me and a Minivan coming from in front. Perfect Timing!

I needed to make a shim for our new Christmas Tree from some ABS Plastic Piping. Keven watched as I changed the Diameter of a piece of 1-1/2” Pipe down to 1” while using only a Hacksaw, a Vise and a Heat Gun.

Back at the Dental Office I was just starting to look through a Sale Paper when Kathy called to see where I was. She was surprised I was already there waiting for her. Unfortunately her mouth was still frozen which is something I don’t take even for a Root Canal.

We drove back to Windsor where we stopped at Guardian Storage to collect our Mail.

We did the Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we got our usual Chicken Wraps, Small Chocolate Frosties and Seniors Soft Drinks for supper. Due to the lack of activity today that was more then enough for our meal.

We arrived back at the Apartment just before 5:00 as the Sun was beginning to set. By the time we were taking our coats off upstairs it was already dark.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they warned of more possible overnight Flooding along the Lake Erie shoreline. The Coronavirus Cases are continuing to rise making the Provincial Government consider adding more restrictions. The temperature will be more seasonal for the next Two Days.

With the Winds starting to howl as I write this post I’m hoping to get to the Trailer early tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


You know your getting older when at the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.


  1. It's interesting to hear about your medical coverage. I always thought they covered everything, no matter what it was. Early morning calls are always scammers here. LOL

  2. That was quite the day. Good they are calling early to have everything in place for Kathy's surgery. I too thought everything was covered if it's needed.

  3. Sorry to hear of your sleepless nights, that must be awful and then when you are finally sleeping to be awakened with phone calls. I'd be grumpy until my first cup of strong coffee for sure.

  4. Glad your detail worksheets came in handy today.

  5. Nice to have all the medical information handy when you need it. Sounds like a busy morning. I really dislike when the phone is what wakes me up.

  6. You could probably make some extra income from being able to do the spreadsheets. Seems to be what it takes these elderly days. Too bad they can't be requested by email and returned by email...could save some early morning phone calls!!