It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, November 6, 2020

Cleaning, A Good Find, Taking Care Of Business, Answering Comments and Numbers.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

When I saw the time on the Clock this morning I thought it was the perfect time to get started. I was dressed and sorting the laundry by 7:30 after getting things ready for breakfast while allowing Kathy to continue to sleep. This is always a chore that we do between all the other forms of Chaos that takes place around us.

It was shortly after 8:00 when Kathy joined me so when she realized what I wanted to get to this morning she chose what she would be doing. (Notice I didn’t say Planned.) She was going to Dust and Vacuum the Apartment while I was away because the sound really bothers my hearing.

I was starting the first Washer before 9:00 this morning. Someone already had some clothes going in a Dryer before I got there but otherwise I was alone. Since we don’t get the Local News Paper for a number of different reasons when I saw someone had left a Canadian Tire Flyer behind I started to check it out. I was looking for something for the Car when I spotted something that Kathy had tried to find last year and it was Half Price.

I headed back to the Apartment to find Kathy had already put the fresh linen on the bed. When I showed her the Flyer she didn’t know what she was going to do. I had the answer go to Canadian Tire because today was the first day of the Sale.

By the time I got back to the Laundry Room the Washers were stopping and it was time to get the Dryers working.

With Five Loads of Folded Laundry (I washed the Coveralls I had in the Truck all summer) I managed to be back in the Apartment with everything by 12:10.

Kathy had picked up Chicken Sandwiches before coming home and kept them warm in the Microwave. They tasted wonderful and we didn’t have to make them.

Kathy got what she went for but had to ask. There was a Display Model and the One she brought home that was in the Stockroom. That’s the problem with a lot of Sales. There only a couple of units at each outlet.

It took nearly a Half Hour to get all the Laundry put away. Then it was a matter of dealing with a few issues on the phone. The first was fairly easy and was resolved within Twenty Minutes The next call led to being put on Hold for Forty Minutes before they simply disconnected my call. I tried a different approach with a different Company and will happily tell the others what they can do.

Finally able to check things on the Computer I read the Comments on yesterday’s post. I personally have never gotten any Flu Shots and seldom have been sick. Kathy has a Compromised Immune System and has gotten Flu Shots for as long as we’ve been together because it is recommended by the Doctors. My Father got the Flu Shot for years and every year he was seriously sick. When I pointed out that he had never been sick before he stopped getting the Vaccine. He never had the Flu again.

Another Comment mentioned getting the Shingles Shots. I documented on our Blog how Kathy got severely ill within minutes after the First Injection. Fever Blisters on her Face and Lips, days of Nausea, Flu-like Symptoms for weeks, Headaches along with a loss of Balance. When she was about to get the second injection I mentioned the reaction to the Doctor. He deemed she had an Allergic Reaction to the shot and could not have the Second Injection because the reaction would be more severe.

On the 6 o’clock Local News they talked about the ongoing counting of Votes to determine the winner of the Presidential Election. They spoke about us having a few more days of Above Seasonal Temperatures. They also spoke of increased Coronavirus Cases of which they noted these were people who were caught by the Police attending a mass gathering a couple of weeks ago that has seen a number of those in attendance becoming infected.

We had Chicken Noodle Soup along with Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for supper.

We took a quick look at the US News Service to see the Number of Votes had changed but nobody had been declared the winner of the Electoral Vote yet.

Hoping to get other things done tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your hairdo has ever been ruined by a ceiling fan.

4 comments:

  1. Again that grilled cheese looks so yummy! Haha. Food first. Yeah another one our dr recommended against getting, the shingles shot. Unless you are prone to shingles. Never had them so why get the shot? I hate calling any business to talk, very frustrating and my usual frustration is not being able to understand what they are saying as they're in some foreign country! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Norton does not like your blog, it put me into some sort of protected mode in which I couldn't comment so I had to go out and come back in without the protective mode.... so weird, never happened before. Thought I'd mention it just in case something else goes on on your end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Think it is the current Norton LifeLock as Norton 360 was fine. ARG!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for answering my comment with regards to the Shingles Shot. I was not following your blog at the time this happened to Kathy so thank you for bringing me up to date.

    ReplyDelete