It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Another Delay, Errands, Chores and Kathy’s Recovering.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

When the Alarm went off this morning even before I could shut it off Kathy was heading to the Washroom to start getting cleaned up. My focus was on closing up her CPAP Machine for travel.

Since the Hospital yesterday had called delaying Kathy’s surgery time by Forty-Five Minutes we slept an extra Half Hour. The extra Fifteen Minutes were used for the CPAP and checking what the weather was going to be for the day. Another Three Minutes went to cleaning the Frost off the Car.

Kathy with her CPAP and Overnight Bag.

With the New Restrictions limiting unnecessary people in the Hospitals I was forced to drop Kathy off at the front door and let her find her own way through the Maze that was inside the door.

I drove over to the Local Hall where I met with April who returned my call the other day. I presented her with Samples of the products that both Kathy and I need to use to combat our Allergies to the Silicon that is used in our CPAP Masks. She’ll make certain that both the articles are a subject of necessary concern at the next set of negotiations.

Back at the Apartment the first thing I did was to have a Muffin and Coffee for breakfast. Anytime that Kathy has to fast I refrain from eating so as not to antagonize her.

Time flies and it isn’t always fun but it has been over Two Weeks so it was time to do the Laundry. I stripped the Bed and gathered the Towels before sorting the Clothes in the Hamper. I went to the Second Floor Laundry Room where I managed to get Three Loads started. With still Another Load I used the Stairs to go to the First Floor Laundry Room to start that final Load.

Back at the Apartment I took the time to put the Fresh Linens on the Bed before heading back downstairs. I arrived at the Second Floor Laundry Room just as the Washers were beginning to stop. By the time I had transferred the Three Loads to the Dryers the fourth machine was available so I went down to the First Floor and retrieved that Load so everything was back to One Laundry Room.

I used the time to make myself a Grilled Cheese Sandwich with a Dill Pickle Garnishing. No Dessert.

It didn’t seem like I took that long but by the time I returned to the Laundry Room One of the Dryers had stopped but the clothes were still damp so they were set to another round. As the other Dryers began stopping I was busy folding their contents. I was doing that when our daughter Karen called to see if I’d heard anything about Kathy. She laughed when I told her what I was doing. I would call her back.

I would finally leave the Laundry Room by 2:30 but it was after 3:00 by the time I had everything put away in the Apartment. Since I had only checked the Weather this morning I stared looking at the Local News, E-mails and Blogs. My eyes kept shutting on me so I moved on to calling the Hospital.

Kathy’s surgery had been again delayed and she was only just being sent to Recovery. They also said she would be in her Room by 4:30. I let Karen, Kevin and Ken know what was happening.

I chopped an Italian Sausage, a spear of Broccoli and a stick of Celery before starting to saute them. That gave me time to get a couple of Eggs that I simply mixed in to the mix. A very impromptu Omelette that tasted pretty good.

I again called the Hospital at 5:50 and was told I could visit Kathy between 6:00 and 8:00.

We were supposed to have light showers this afternoon but as I was driving there were Dollar Sized Flakes that were melting as soon as they hit the Windshield.

Inside the Hospital Foyer I had to follow the Maze for Social Distancing, sanitize my Hands, fill in a Coronavirus Questionnaire then be questioned by a staff member as to what relationship I was to the Patient. They then called the floor only to find out Kathy was not there. They called the Recovery Room to learn she had just left. I was given another paper to give to a Security Guard just so I could go to the Elevators.

Finally arriving at Kathy’s room I found out she had just arrived. She had been kept longer in Recovery after getting sick on a Popsicle. As I was standing there her supper arrived. It looked tasty but after hardly eating all day she wasn’t very hungry.

I set up her CPAP Machine since she’ll be spending the night. If she did not have Sleep Apnea they would have sent her home. Just before 8:00 Kathy needed to use the washroom and since there was no buzzer on the bed I helped move her IV Pole. That’s when the Head Nurse walked in. Won’t be doing that again.

When I got back to the Apartment I let the kids and Vera know Kathy’s condition. If all goes well overnight she’ll be home in the morning. I also watched the 11 o’clock Local News. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Which pet makes the most noise?

A trumpet.


  1. I am glad to hear Kathy's surgery was a success and that your hospital has so many protocols in place to safeguard its patients.

  2. We do the same for each other too when fasting is involved :) Glad to hear she's on the mend.

  3. Kathy are thoughts and prayers are headed your way.
    Stay safe.

  4. Best wishes for a quick recovery and hopefully Kathy can now breathe freely without problems.

  5. Whew. So far so good. Here's to a good night for you both, and for her coming home tomorrow. Yeah. A Head Nurse is a serious nurse. Glad you survived that.

  6. Glad to hear that Kathy's surgery went well and she'll be home in the morning. I guess that's today! Yay!