It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Good Grief Charlie Brown.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even after taking a Night-Time Tylenol before going to bed last night I only managed to get another Three Hours sleep. I took the time to have breakfast and to open most of the Window Shades before leaving. As planned I left Kathy sleep in while I was going with our friend and neighbour Wayne to Blythe.
This morning's Sunrise.
I hung around outside so as not to scare their dogs into thinking they were under attack. I managed to watch the local Humming Bird visiting the feeders they had hung in the trees. By chance Wayne lifted his eyes from his reading and noticed that I was outside shortly after 9:00.

It almost felt weird sitting in the passenger seat as we made our way out of the LTVA and to the Interstate. We had the chance to talk about a number of things from our past. Things we went through when we growing up compared to children today and how many seemed to have lost respect for common courtesy.

When we arrived in Blythe Wayne stopped at Albertson to pick up a few things that he and Sue forgot to get on their last time at the store. A few minutes later after driving up the street we arrived at Larry Green Ford. True to his word the Parts Clerk had put the Two Air Filters aside that I ordered yesterday. If the Filter we had in our Truck was so bad in such a short amount of time we wanted to have a Spare.

When we arrived back at La Posa South LTVA I found Kathy busy making Stock for Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. I went back outside where I installed the New Air Filter with hopes that this would solve the problem with the Truck we suddenly developed on our way Home from Yuma yesterday.

With a new posting at the Gate that Water Rationing would be taking place by restricting the hours we could fill our Containers as well as dumping our waste. I emptied all our Waste Tanks which will take us past the Big Tent Event. When the Tent closes the Long Lines at the Dumping Station also disappear. Since the Fresh Water Barrel is too heavy to lift with lots of Water from the back of the Truck I also went to the Water Fill Station with our Five Gallon Drinking Water Jugs. When I got back Home I transferred them to our Fresh Water Barrel by the corner of the Trailer. By that time I added the Water from the Jugs to the Barrel Kathy called me in for lunch. The Truck ran fine with no over-revving sound.

We knew we had to run the Truck at a higher speed to really test it so after eating we headed to RV Pit Stop to fill our Drinking Water Jugs. The Truck still seemed to be doing well but Kathy reminded me that we were driving at a higher speed when it started screaming yesterday.

We drove to the west end of Main Street and took the ramp onto I-10. The Truck was working perfectly so when we reached Dome Rock Road we exited I-10 Westbound crossed under the highway and headed back towards Quartzsite on I-10 Eastbound. When we were Two Miles from our Exit just as were about to proclaim victory the Engine started screaming again. It was like someone kicked us both.

I suggested we eat out so we went to the Main Street Restaurant. During the few minutes it took for our meals to be ready I called Al the Service Manager at Bill Alexander Ford in Yuma to give him the bad news about the Truck. We’ll take our time getting there but we’ll see him in the morning. His Boss has already authorized a loaner.

The sound that the Truck was making seemed to have everyone turning to look as we drove slowly through the LTVA. When we reached Home Wayne came over to see how we made out. When we told him he started looking at different things under the hood. Wayne is not a Mechanic but works on his and his sons trucks all the time. After I put the water inside the Trailer he and I went for a ride.

We drove through the LTVA and stopped a couple of times. Wayne was also busy researching on his Cell Phone things about our Engine and the Symptoms. We drove up Arizona 95 towards Quartzsite then headed west along Dome Rock Road with him having me vary my acceleration so he could listen.

Then we parked on the Eastbound Ramp to I-10. We had the hood up with the Truck running and turned off all this time Wayne was still on his Cell Phone trying to get answers. When we headed up the Interstate he again instructed me to vary my speed. Back at the LTVA Wayne told me our Engine Fan was overworking and it could be something as simple as a Bad Sensor or when they disconnected the Battery to do the last repair forgot to reprogram the Computers.

We never saw the Sunset today.

We’ll see what the Dealership comes up with tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Fools ask questions that wise men cannot answer.

6 comments:

  1. Aww Rick I don't even know what to say! Hope it's a simple fix..geezz

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Wayne is correct I think Ford should hire him! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's an easy quick fix. So hard to read this continuous stuff with the truck. Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to stick my 2 cents in here so I'll just pray something simple needs to be adjusted and these guys know what there doing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wayne sounds like a really caring individual. I pray that he found your final fix.

    ReplyDelete