It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cooking Day and Warning Falls On Deaf Ears.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Things quieted down last night in the Fulltiming Family group after I mentioned the Hidden Desert Dangers that they were unaware of and that their children could be the victims. Thinking that I had accomplished something helped me to relax enough to have the best night’s sleep that I’ve had in months.
I even slept in this morning just able to catch what appeared to be the Sunrise. The Clouds seemed waiting just above the Mountain Range for the Sun to appear so that they could block it from our view for the rest of the day. Kathy soon followed so we could begin our day.

We both felt dragged out so we weren’t too enthusiastic about heading outside. Even though the Wind was only slight it was coming from the north so it felt much colder then what the actual temperature was. That allowed us time to get caught up on our reading and doing extra research.
We finished the last of the Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch and topped it off with a couple of Maple Cookies along with some Jell-O for dessert.

Kathy likes to have Cooking Days where she can prepare a number of meals ahead of time but her Arthritis doesn’t always allow her to be able to chop the Ingredients the way she needs. Luckily I enjoy helping her do those sorts of things because it allows me to learn some cooking skills that I never had. By the time we were finished she had made a pot of Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup, Pepper Steak and a Chicken Salad minus the Mayo until it is ready to serve.
Once we were finished cleaning up the Dishes and Kitchen we finally took time to look outside towards the Fulltiming Families group. Another Six RVs had arrived and they were still packing them into that corner. One RV was starting to set up in the Roadway until someone told them they had to move.
Since the Wind is supposed to pick up for the next couple of days I convinced Kathy to let me grill some Hotdogs for supper and we’ll eat what we cooked today inside tomorrow. She also used the Strawberries and Stale Muffin to create a tasty dessert.
Our Neighbour Ken is now surrounded.
The Sun almost peeked from behind the Clouds around 5:00 but wasn’t successful.
Yesterday’s Warnings seem to be ignored this evening as the Children are running all around the area screaming and having fun in the dark. Let’s hope it doesn’t turn tragic. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Once you've seen one shopping center

you've seen a mall.

10 comments:

  1. As long as there is a mob of screaming kids, they are likely safe. If it was just a couple it would be a whole different story. However I do agree with you as the best policy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tried and now it is up to the parents but sometimes a party is more important all we can do is hope nothing happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barney is right. A whole bunch of them running around and screaming is probably enough to scare off any same coyote. At least that's what we'll hope for. I've never been good about cooking ahead. I never know what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I would be moving now. That's WAY too many screaming kids for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately we sometimes learn by our mistakes. Of course we hope it does not happen to those families.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whole bunch of screaming kids is enough to scare me off. I think I'd be thinking of moving, especially if I was Ken! It's a big desert.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guessing we're in the minority..love seeing families and kids enjoying camping and running around. Reminds me of our younger days. i understand the concern of the animals but I have to agree that with a bunch of kids having fun they'll go somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did your part and now it is up to them.
    I do not know if I mentioned it but...yeah the truck is working. You two must be so relieved..."It's about time"...I could not help myself...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did what you could and that's the best you can do. I agree with the others, most wild animals would be too wary to come close to the screaming folks having fun.
    I also agree with Shirley, I like to see and hear the little folks running around having fun, it's much better than being stuck in front of a tv or video game. I'm sure they quieten down at a reasonable hour and I'll bet the parents are happy that they sleep well at night.
    The chicken noodle soup looked very good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is nice to see the children run around outside. That is how we were raised totally unaware of the dangers but as was said above, I think they would be rambunctious enough to scare any coyotes away.

    ReplyDelete