It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Cold Tank Change, Picking Up Nice Deals and Visiting Memory Lane.


Our Location today is at the La Posa South, LTVA, Quartzsite, Arizona.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

One of the things I do when turning down the bed at night is to also get my Pajamas on which was a good thing since Kathy had gone to bed by the time I had posted the Blog last night. With that completed I verified that it posted then clean up my Word Template so that it will be ready for today’s posting. That’s when I heard a beep that sounded familiar. The NO LP lights were flashing on the refrigerator at 11:00 at night.

Dawning my Coat and Shoes with Flashlight in hand I went to check things out. The only one outside was the Moon lighting the area up better then a Streetlight could have done and I didn’t have to be embarrassed about my attire. Our new Automatic Propane Regulator had worked so well we now had both our Tanks empty. I was fortunate that our Spare Propane Tank was anchored right outside the compartment so it was an easy connection to put us back in business. Inside it was a matter of hitting the button and the Fridge was once again working.
It was at that point that I realized just how little protection from the elements that Pajamas really have and yet you see people wearing them out in public (Walmart). It was a good thing Kathy was already asleep when I got between those sheets because it took nearly a Half Hour before I warmed enough to fall asleep.
Pepper Steak on Rice and a Small Pumpkin Pie for dessert.
I was up shortly after 7:00 this morning and the first thing I did was to light up our Blue Flame Heater to take the chill out of the Trailer. At breakfast Kathy admitted to not hearing me go outside at all.
We managed to get an appointment for Thursday morning for Kathy and I to get our haircuts in Parker. After doing our morning reading on the Computers while Kathy warmed up the Pepper Steak on Rice that we made yesterday I fastened the empty Propane Tanks in the Truck. Lunch tasted wonderful because when you let that dish sit overnight or longer the flavours meld together improving its taste.
Three Times warmer then back home but high Winds.
When we arrived at RV Pit Stop the place was packed but withing Ten Minutes we were heading out with Both Tanks filled.
Two Meaty Ribs and a Slice of Fresh Baked Bread.
Our next stop Coyote Fresh Food on Main Street. This is the old Corner Store that is now under new management. They have put a lot of work cleaning it up and serving quality products. We found a number of things to bring Home to fill our Fridge.
After putting things inside for Kathy to put away I went back outside to install the Propane Tanks. We were also starting to run low on Fresh Water so I also set about transferring the Water from our Fresh Water Barrel to our Trailer. That chore has to be done on the Road Side of the Trailer which is presently facing the North that is where we were getting Wind Gusts of 32 MPH this afternoon. By the time I finished transferring the Water I was frozen.
We had an early supper because one of our purchases at Coyote Fresh Foods was a Rack of Spare Ribs that were still warm. There was so much meat on the Ribs that it only took Two Ribs to satisfy us of course we also had some of their Fresh Baked Bread to go along with them. There is plenty left for a few more meals.
We didn’t stay Home long as we headed over to the QIA Building over on Ironwood Street. We were there to see MacDougal Street West perform. This is a Peter, Paul and Mary tribute group performing Folk Songs that were made famous by the trio along with some Dillon, Simon and Garfunkel and a few others. For nearly Two Hours they did a great job of bring everyone back down Memory Lane.
Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You're always late for work but always early for happy hour.

4 comments:

  1. I know the chilly wind feeling! Lucky you have an extra propane tank!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meals that taste better the next day! Ever wonder why propane always goes out in the middle of the night? At least at our house..hahaha. Great pictures and another great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Propane always go out at night. It never seems to fail.
    Hard to get warm once that wind cools you off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes some food does taste better after the first day. Having lunch company tomorrow so I made the tuna salad already.

    So happy things have gone well now with the truck and you are both relaxed and enjoying yourselves

    ReplyDelete