It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 29, 2017

The Price Of Keeping Warm, Forgetting Something Important and A Busy Day.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

It is amazing that when you think that you will be on the road or even taking a Day-Trip, your mind keeps you awake most of the night before. Now if you tell yourself that you want to get an early start to your day because you have a lot that you want to accomplish, the exact opposite happens, you not only sleep soundly but you wake later then you wanted.

It was 8:30 MST when I woke this morning so I didn’t waste any time nor was I quiet about my actions. I had the Furnace on, all the Window Shades open, the Water Kettle boiling, the Cereal Bowls filled and I had the Laundry sorted before Kathy made it down the stairs. She knew that we had a busy morning scheduled but didn’t realize that I’d also slept late.

We’d barely finished breakfast when Bill from the Arizona BLM Field Office called returning my Phone Call. After I explained about the Yearly Blogger-Fest on January 27th he gave me the information that is needed to secure the use of the Ramada for that day which requires submitting a Formal Application.

As soon as we were dressed and the Truck loaded I checked our Propane Tanks only to find out what I already suspected. With our need to run the Furnace in the mornings and some evenings because I haven’t completed the installation of our Blue Flame Heater the Automatic Regulator was showing half Green and half Red. What that means is the Tank dialed in as he primary Tank and was totally empty and the second Tank was soon about to expire. Thank goodness that we had purchased a Back-up Propane Tank last winter so after getting it set up we were on our way to Quartzsite with another errand on our list.

Our first stop was the Main Street Laundromat and after parking as soon as I got out of the Truck something didn’t feel right. A quick pat of my hip told me I was right. In my rush to load the Truck and gather the Empty Propane Tanks I forgot to grab my wallet. As far as money to do the Laundry we had our pouch of Quarters in our Laundry Supply Bag, but we had other things to do.

Luckily Kathy had her purse with cash and her I.D. so we were set. As I started setting up the Washers I sent Kathy to find someplace to sit to read because I had layered the clothes in the basket so she couldn’t help start it. As soon as the machines were doing what they were supposed to I had to keep telling people I was using those machines. They would go to check if the Washers were empty without looking at the “In Use” light so I just stayed with them.

I started talking to Sue from British Columbia just doing her wash. She and her husband are Avid ATVers and are parked towards the rear of the LTVA so she’ll hang their clothes on a line without worrying about all the dust. They’ve been coming to Quartzsite for years. Then I met Kevin and Kate also from B.C. who will only be in the area for another week before heading out to the Imperial Dam for a couple of weeks. (Sounds like what we did last winter.) While our clothes were in the Dryers Kevin and I compared notes on Solar Equipment we had installed in our RVs. When it came time to fold the clothes Kathy and I each had our own Baskets but had no Folding Tables so we started working over the Baskets themselves until space became available.

It was past 1:00 by the time we had everything loaded in the Truck and we were feeling hungry. We walked back inside to the Main Street Diner where we both ordered a grilled Sandwich with Sweet Potato Fries. The meals were the perfect size and we weren’t over filled. They did send us on our way with extra Iced Tea to-go.

The next stop was Family Dollar just up the road so I could use the Water Dispensing Machine to fill our Drinking Water Containers. Kathy went inside to look for a small Cosmetic Case for herself while I tried to fill our Containers. The smallest currency that Kathy had given me was a Ten Dollar Bill and this Machine only took Singles or Coins so I had to go inside for change. Standing in the bright Sun while filling all our Water Containers by the time I had finished it felt like I had been cooked over a fire.

Our next stop up the road was at Quiet Times Greeting Card Shop where the package we had ordered the other day was waiting for us. They joked about having to check Kathy’s I.D. when the package was in my name.

We were finally heading north on Arizona 95 where we stopped at the RV Pit Stop to get our Two Propane Tanks filled before we headed back Home at La Posa South LTVA. Not having my Discount Card with me they simply gave me another saying I would easily fill them both by the Due Date of April 15 2019.

After opening all the Windows and Roof Vents to cool the Trailer it took time unloading the Laundry and bringing in our Drinking Water as well as installing a second Propane Tank. It was past 4:00 by the time we had the Laundry all put away and we needed to relax. 
Tonight's Sunset
That was when we finally had the chance to do our morning reading that we missed today on the Computers. It seems that everyone we follow had something written after being away for some time. It wouldn’t be until we started having a hard time reading that we noticed the Sun was setting and we had to start closing up the Windows and Vents
Sixteen Minutes Later just a calming glow.
We also realized at 7:00 that we hadn’t eaten so Kathy warmed up some of her Homemade Chicken Vegetable Soup for our supper. We also had some Cream Cheese on Wheat Thin Crackers with a touch of Cranberry/Orange Relish as a side. 

Not sure what we’ll be up to tomorrow. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been.

Mark Twain, American Writer

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your winter stay in AZ. I've been behind in blogging and reading blogs so I'm trying to catch up. No trip to the Keys for us this year unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy day. Hope you can relax a little more today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have to take Advil PM the night before any trip, or I stay awake all night long. Seems I can never shut off my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another busy day for you and Kathy. We'll be getting propane in the next couple of days so thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is surprising how much propane you burn when you have to run the furnace. The Blue flame heater will make a difference.
    Just noted two of your last posts that you folks are forgetting to eat. For Kathy's better health a diabetic should eat at roughly the same time every day. It helps the body to regulate the blood sugar levels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before we installed a Spendide in our rig, I hated always having to make sure I had sufficient quarters. I like that a few (very few) places where we paid by credit card machines. The wave of the future?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for checking on the site reservation for Bloggerfest. I think of this as a group thing, not owned by any one person. I'll start talking it up again in by blog. I also have the signs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was nice of you to reserve the site for Bloggerfest :-) So funny reading your blog when you mentioned you met Kevin and Kate. We spent several nights with them in Sedona and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picture of the sun just before it sank below the mountains.

    ReplyDelete