It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, December 24, 2017

Kathy’s Turn, Another Hiccup, Last Minute Scramble and Our Christmas Wish.

Our Location today is La Posa South L.T.V.A., Quartzsite, Arizona, U.S.A.

After getting to bed early for a second night in a row I was hoping that things would be back to normal so that I could accomplish what needed to be done today. As soon as my feet slipped out of the covers I knew that I would be turning on the Furnace but first the Window Shades needed to be opened. There to greet me as I lifted the first Shade was the glow that shines on the mountain range just before the Sun makes its appearance. 

Continuing with opening the remaining Shades then getting things ready for breakfast a quick glance showed the Sun had already started our day. I had barely turned the Furnace on when Kathy was getting out of bed. If she had only waited another five minutes the 43 F (6 C) temperature wouldn’t have been such a shock. 

While we were having breakfast, I noticed that I was feeling better then the last couple of days. That’s when Kathy started asking me about the symptoms that I’d experienced because she wasn’t feeling well this morning. Living together in an RV even when you go outside germs build in your Home and most times your partner gets what you had.

It was still a double cup of Coffee morning at the Computers where I had to play Catch-up on a number of Blogs. By 10:00 we had our indoor chores completed and I was moving things around in the living area. Having measured inside as well as outside the Trailer more then a dozen times it was time to drill the Hole through the floor where our new Propane Fitting would be located. It is being set so when the slides are being brought in it will not be affected so it is towards the Living Area. It is also under the edge of the Kitchen Counter by what is referred to as the Kick Plate. By having it at this location it will save a lot of Stubbed Toes.

The hole was drilled and minutes later as I was about to go outside Kathy suggested an early lite lunch. Since she was now dealing with the stomach issues that I’d had, I knew that Chicken Noodle Soup would help. We also topped it off with a cup of Tea as well as a Yogurt meaning the only solids we were consuming were in the Soup. Lunch helped us both but now Kathy had to lay down for a bit.

Outside standing in the direct sunlight wearing my coveralls I was too hot to be comfortable, but as soon as I tried standing on the shady side of the trailer I was freezing. I ran back inside to grab my work sweater that I put under the coveralls. As soon as I got outside there was our neighbour Wayne returning the tools I’d loaned him. As he continued talking I coaxed him to the shady side of the Trailer so I wouldn’t pass out from being too warm. 


After Wayne left I shut the Propane Tanks so the Fridge would drain the Line. Under the Trailer I used a China Marker to layout where the Underbelly would have to be cut. Again, I remeasured inside then out. Making the cut everything was exactly where it needed to be until I cut the Insulation. There right where the Propane Line would be routed was our Fresh Water Tank. Looks like I’ll be fishing the line between the Floor and the Tank. Just another Hiccup!

After the Propane had drained from the system I removed the Line that had been run for the RV-Q. Where it was assembled you couldn’t see that the Manifold had all Pipe Threads which meant that none of my Brass Pressure Fittings would work. Not wanting to struggle replacing the hose into the Manifold I started checking my Hardware Supplies. The only Pipe Plug I had was a 1/2” while I needed a 3/8”.
Back through the Wash
RVers help RVers and since I helped Wayne I went knocking at his door. He checked his dozen Organizers and Tool Boxes that weren’t organized and came up with zilch. He did suggest two places in town that could still be open even though it was Christmas Eve.

Even though Kathy wasn’t feeling well she came along for the ride for the fresh air. With all the Vendors already closed our first stop was the Grocery/Hardware Store on Main Street in Quartzsite. They had 3/4”, 1/2” and 1/4” but no 3/8” in Brass or Steal.

We headed to RV Pit Stop and the attendant looked in every bin they had with no luck but then he saw a box with a lone fitting in it. There was the 3/8” Pipe Thread Plug that we needed. 

It was nearly 4:00 by then and with us not feeling top notch we decided to go through McDonalds Drive-Thru and head for Home. The Chicken Nuggets proved to be more filling then our Lite Lunch and helped us both feel better. After eating I went back outside to install the 3/8” Pipe Plug and close up shop for another day. 

Kathy and I would like to wish all our Family, Followers, Friends and Readers a Blessed, Safe, and Merry Christmas no matter how they celebrate it and above all “Peace on Earth”. Thanks for following along, feel free to leave a comment and click on the pictures to enlarge them. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Ebenezer Scrooge: I suppose you'll be wanting the whole day
                                tomorrow.
       
      Bob Cratchit: If quite convenient, sir.

Ebenezer Scrooge: Every Christmas you say the same thing.
                               And every Christmas it's just as inconvenient
                               as the Christmas before. Good night.

A Christmas Carol

11 comments:

  1. Hope today finds you both feeling well. Merry Christmas Kathy and Rick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kathy and Rick. Wishing you a peaceful and healthy holiday. Rick, you'll be so glad when you finally get that Blue Flame Heater hooked up. Consider writing a book about the hurdles you had to overcome. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Kathy had a pleasant Christmas. Wishing Kathy a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete