It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 13, 2024

Surgery Date Made.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I had to fix my CPAP Mask before going to sleep last night, because it kept blowing in my eyes. Not a great way to sleep, when you’re being tortured by something that’s supposed help you sleep.

I don’t recall waking once throughout the night, which is surprising, since I subconsciously knew the Alarm was set. When I finally woke, the clock showed there was still an hour before getting up. Figuring a little nap would happen proved futile, because every Five Minutes, I’d be looking at the clock again, because it sits at eye level on my nightstand.

I finally started prepping things for breakfast, only to hear Kathy imitating the Tasmanian Devil making the bed and straightening everything in her path. I had to calm her down.

We were pulling out of the parking lot by 9:00 and still managed to be at the Surgeon’s Office ahead of my appointment. They complimented me on my Medical History and Medication List (Mostly Vitamins). It saved a lot of time, by not having to fill in their Questionnaire. The young Surgeon talked about the referral, then looking at the Forwarded X-Rays, showed the worn area now filled with Arthritis that is causing all the Pain. He understood when I said, “When I don’t sleep well, Kathy doesn’t sleep well”. He answered both our questions, about the procedure as well as the recovery. Then we had to see his Scheduling Assistant, who explained all the upcoming tests that have to be done before, then what will take place after the surgery. It was 10:00 before we left his Office.

One thing we immediately had to do, was stop in at the Canadian Blood Services building to cancel my Scheduled Appointment for tomorrow. The Surgeon wants my Blood Counts to build, so I should not need a Blood Transfusion during the surgery.

Next, we headed towards the old Hotel Dieu Hospital to get updated X-Rays. We joined a long train of cars trying to find a place to park. After Twenty Minutes of not finding one, we decided to come back another day.

We then went to the Shoppers Drug Mart Wellness Center for things that will be needed during my recovery. One of the representatives was able to explain things to us, but they were having a problem. They have just relocated from another location and their Server Connection had just crashed. Seeing the date of the surgery, we were guaranteed everything would be fine by then.

We stopped at Walmart where Kathy got her walking exercise in, while I picked up a few more food supplies.

It was past 1:30 so we stopped at Wendy’s for lunch, before finally heading home.

While taking care of phone calls I got the E-Mail that one of our Packages had arrived at Guardian Storage. It took Five Minutes to merge with Rush Hour Traffic on Riverside Drive. As we passed the Ford Essex Engine Plant, we were slowed by the shift change. Just as we made the final turn, a Slow-Moving Freight had us waiting another Fifteen Minutes. It only took a Minute to collect the Package and Ten more to get home.

Even though it’s Three Months out, at least there is an End-Date to all this Insanity.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a group of men waiting for a haircut?


A barbercue!

3 comments:

  1. I sure hope things go well with getting the surgery done. It has been a long effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot Whoot !!! Glad things are finally moving foreword !!! "It's About Time" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A date is scheduled. At last! Here's hoping it all goes like clockwork and is of great benefit.

    ReplyDelete