It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Early To Rise. “Never Go Back” and More Cases In Our Area.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

As I wrote on Monday I’d be taking our daughter Rose to a Doctor’s Appointment this morning. Since even on days that I’ve been sleeping in I’ve been getting up early enough not to worry about setting the Alarm. What wasn’t planned on was that I would spend most of the night Tossing and Turning which gave me little if any rest. When I saw 7:20 on the Clock I thought it was time to start my day rather then sleeping later then I have for weeks.
Our morning sky.
Opening the Balcony Blinds the sky was filled with Clouds. I finished the Scan on Kathy’s Computer that I started before going to bed last night before getting breakfast ready. That gave Kathy an entire Fifteen Minutes extra sleep before she joined me. She said she had a hard time falling to sleep so she wasn’t feeling totally rested either.

After eating I immediately got dressed before finishing my Coffee at the Computer. The Weather Network was not only showing a warmer day but a very wet one according to the Radar. Kathy thought it would be wiser to stay home while I met Rose.

Thinking her appointment was earlier I arrived at Rose’s house by 9:30. Since the appointment wasn’t until 10:30 we had some chat time. As we were about to leave we had to delay because the Rain was coming down nearly horizontal to the ground. Five Minutes later there were only puddles on the ground.

As we drove to the Doctor’s Office we drove in and out of Rain of varying degrees of intensity. Since most Doctors Offices only want the Patients inside I remained in the Car while Rose wearing her Mask went in. The Rain continued it’s earlier pattern the entire time she was inside as well as on our return to her house. Once I dropped Rose off the Rain stopped.

Back at the Apartment things were starting to dry up outside and Kathy had been busy doing the chores I didn’t finish. The later appointment meant it was nearly lunch time so we got busy.
I modified a Garden Salad with Copped Bacon, Celery, Onions and a Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. Kathy made a dessert plate with Grapes, Cookies and Nanaimo Bars. It was all tasty, satisfying and not over filling.

Once we finished cleaning up the Dishes Kathy needed a Snap while I did some catching up on the Computer.

We checked to find nothing of interest to watch on Television so Kathy went looking to see what movies that we had purchased “On Sale” we had not seen. She chose the movie “Never Go Back” starring Tom Cruise and Cobie Smulders. It involved a massive military conspiracy so the only slow part of the movie was while the stage was set. The rest of the time we spent on the edge of our seats. We gave it a Ten out of Ten.
For supper Kathy warmed up the remaining Chinese Food we had in the Freezer. Five Minutes later we were enjoying a tasty and satisfying meal.
Suppertime.
Watching the 6 o’clock Local News they first talked about the Storm we had this morning then they talked about more Coronavirus Cases in our area mostly among the Migrant Farm Workers. This again is forcing the Provincial Government to keep our area in Phase 2 of the recovery. They went on to talking about possibly reopening Schools some time in November.

We then checked a couple US Networks where they reported Sky-Rocketing Coronavirus Cases compared to ours and some states wanting the children back in school within a couple of weeks. My personal feelings don’t count but I think they are pushing it.

With more seasonal temperatures tomorrow we’ll see what we’ll be doing. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You get the seven-year itch every year.

5 comments:

  1. I am sure Rose appreciated the ride to the doctor's office.

    You are so lucky to have rain, please send some my way!

    I am glad I do not have to make the choice many parents are having to make on whether or not to send their children back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are pretty grim down here. And I'm sure we wont get to see our Canadian neighbors in our park this season. Not that we would be visiting very much but will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no surprise the numbers are getting higher. They are allowing protesting and huge crowds to gather in every major city. Duh ..... two weeks later there is another huge breakout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son and his wife decided that the grandson would be home schooled again this first half of the school year at least. The problem is the lack of same age social contact maturing. Tough choices for parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the movie recommendation.

    ReplyDelete