It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Feeling like Quartzsite, A Visit From Mary and Evening Thunderstorms.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Knowing that we’d be busy today we made certain to get to bed early last night so we’d be up Bright and Early. We definitely had our wires crossed. We got the Bright part correct by the way the Sun was peaking around our Blinds but it was not Early.
We both walked around the table with our eyes half closed struggling to open them. It has to be the CPAPs putting so much Oxygen back into our bodies that we feel drugged. A simple Muffin for breakfast soon had us taking our Coffee/Tea to the Computers.
111 F feeling like 106 F.
When I check our weather forecast every day I also check out the weather in Quartzsite since it has become our favourite Winter getaway spot. I often mentioned that with less humidity Quartzsite often feels cooler then the actual temperature while here in Windsor when we have lower humidity it feels warmer then the actual temperature. Imagine my surprise when I saw that both Windsor and Quartzsite would feel like 106 F (42 C) this afternoon.
93 F feeling like 106 F.
After checking the Local News I began checking my E-mails and found one from Wayne and Sue who we became Good Friends with while Boondocking at La Posa South LTVA just outside of Quartzsite. With the warm temperatures that we’ve been facing it was surprising to read their high for today in Washington State was not going to hit 70 F (21 C) today. We really missed going south last Winter and meeting up with them.

I skipped reading the Blogs again this morning because I had to mix things up a bit. Since I didn’t exercise for the last Two Days I needed to today so after making the bed I started exercising after 10:30. By 11:30 I was feeling much better.
After a quick wash up I started modifying a Caesars Salad with Bacon, Onions and Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. Kathy wanted to make room in the Freezer so she created a Chocolate Banana Sundae for our dessert.

Knowing that Mary from Healthy Heals would be here for 2:00 as soon as my Tea was finished I took a Shower. With that finished I was just about to shave when Mary called to say she would be early. Skip the shave and meet her downstairs to help carry some of her equipment up.

Due to the many Clients she has to visit each day we were all wearing Masks even in our Apartment. Mary explained her scheduling to us and commented on how HOT it was outside. Kathy was in heaven by the time Mary finished working on her feet. I managed to get quite few Blogs read in that time. She forgot her Claim Forms in her Car so I helped bring her equipment down and got the Claim Form before she left.
We waited until the 6 o’clock Local News was over before having a Grilled Cheese Sandwich garnished with Olives for supper. Kathy topped it off with a dessert plate with Cookies, a Plum and Yogurt Cup.
Forgot to get the Quartzsite Picture.
After getting back to the Computers it wasn’t long before the forecasted Thunderstorm rolled in. Tomorrow we hope to run our errands before it gets too HOT. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

A grasshopper walks into a bar.

The bartender says, “Hey! I serve a drink named after you.”

The grasshopper says, “you’ve got a drink named Dave?”

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how hot your weather is. I always think of Canada as cooler because its north. Tiger than thunderstorms every afternoo . Our weather is beautiful. Low humidity and in the low 80s. Glad Kathy was feeling better after Mary left. Stay safe and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be in Quartzsite today. I'll give you a first hand account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Mary appreciated the help you gave her bring up as well as taking down her equipment.

    Glad Kathy's feet are feeling much better after her visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you do Kathy's feet while you were locked down?

    ReplyDelete