It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, July 6, 2020

Hot Weather Clean Up, Appointment Rescheduling and Christmas In July.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I was happy to be awake by 8:00 this morning so as soon as I got things ready for breakfast I turned on the Computers then started sorting the Laundry. That’s right I was sorting Laundry before breakfast because there’s no cooling system in the Laundry Room and today’s Humidex was going to be HOT. The forecasted temperatures were higher then the actual but it was bad enough and the rest of this week will be higher yet.
Looks nice but it's HOT.
Kathy sensed my getting dressed and immediately joined me in the living room. By 9:30 I was in the Laundry Room and had the place to myself. I had Guestimated I would be finished by 1:00 but after getting things into the Dryers I needed to cool down. With only One Open Window with no breeze blowing in a walk was needed.

I needed more Water so at 11:00 I headed back to the Apartment where I found Kathy busy sweeping things up. A quick glance showed she had made the Bed, done the Dishes and Dusted every surface in sight.

Back in the Laundry Room I was able to start folding things minutes after my arrival. The good thing was I was back at the Apartment by 12:30. The bad thing was that my bottle of Water was again empty and I was soaking wet. Good thing I got an early start because it got warmer as the day progressed. We’ve got a Fan in our Storage Unit that is going to be following me when I go to the Laundry Room this Summer.

Even though I was feeling light-headed I unpacked and started putting the Laundry away while Kathy started making Lunch. Wanting something different she made Cinnamon Waffles topped with Strawberries and Peaches then garnished with Cool Whip. After eating that we were both feeling better.

While finishing our Tea Mary from Healthy Heals called. The Provincial Government is now allowing Home Care Workers to take on more Clients so she remembered that Kathy had said if there was an earlier opening to call. She’ll be around tomorrow which Kathy will appreciate.
I had planned on exercising but could not get enough fluids in me this afternoon so I got my morning reading caught up on the Computer. Just before 4:00 we turned on the Television just to see what was on. Like many Campgrounds we have been to the Hallmark Channel was showing Christmas in July Movies.
We had supper after watching the 6 o’clock Local News. Kathy fried up slices of Ham to go with the Leftover Chinese Fried Rice from last night. It was a satisfying combination.

Other then Mary’s visit not sure what else we’ll be up to tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Be passionate and move forward with gusto every single hour of every single day until you reach your goal.

Ava DuVernay, Film Maker.

4 comments:

  1. It still boggles my mind how hot it can get during the summer in Canada.

    You are a good husband to take care of the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow .. what a lunch!! It's been running in the high 90's here, but I don't think it is as humid. You definitely can't do much in that kind of hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounded like a horrible sweat box in the laundry room..the fan would definitely be a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that your building does not have A/C in the laundry room. I hope that you don't have to pay to do laundry. If so you might want to think about taking to a laundromat.

    ReplyDelete