It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Too Much and Getting Hotter.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I was in bed for more than Seven Hours last night, I seemed to lack energy this morning.

When I arrived at the Plant, I could smell Rain in the air even though there wasn’t a Cloud in the sky. It would not actually come down any where in the Industrial Park today.

Afternoon Shift had managed to get caught up on the CNC Mill and there was a Feedscrew waiting to be welded. At first glance I thought I was seeing things, but the Blueprint confirmed it was a Single Flight Unit, with only one Lead and no Mixer. That would make the job so much easier and could be welded in Three Hours. After getting started I was in awe how well things were going. Keeping a sharp eye on the process, I wanted to scream when, with only a Foot of Powder to apply the Torch Orifice plugged up. Running the 83 Hard Surfacing Material, I should have known better. The Ten Minute Run turned into an Hour Repair.

With it safely cooling in the Sandbox, I was assigned a job to add a temporary Shank on a Feedscrew in the Lathe. Even though I was certain there was enough material, the Lead Machinist insisted I add “More”. Once the machining process is completed, all that material will be shaved off anyways. I just finished adding the extra material when Mile said “Too Much”. (That was a switch.)

Besides a couple of Touch-Ups, I finished the day helping the Inspector do more measurements on the Scrap Unit that came in yesterday.

Talking with Kathy I found out that while she was grocery shopping, the Rain came down so hard she pulled over until it eased up. (That’s why we didn’t get any at the Plant.)

According to the Weather Guessers, we’ll be working in a Sweat-Box tomorrow, with temperatures feeling like 115 F (46 C). There will be lots of liquids consumed.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What bird is the strongest lifter?


The crane!

No comments:

Post a Comment