It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Busy and Second Year

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

When Mile saw me welding a Lug on a future Feedscrew, he only said “Good Morning”, without questioning why Yesterday’s Unit did not get finished.

Minutes later he found me atop the Step Ladder pulling the Powder Feeder apart. He turned and walked away.
He was
later working on the OD Grinder when he was called to the Office over the intercom. On his way there, I was told, he stopped to see me repairing a Screw on the Inspection Bench.

Finally by 9:00 this morning, Yesterday’s Unit was reloaded in the PTA and the Burner applied to the unfinished part. Between the touch-ups and finishing the untouched end I would be left with only the Mixer to weld after lunch.

When I spoke to Kathy during my break, she had decided to stay in today and I reminded her of my appointment.

Having turned the Burner on to the Mixer Section before lunch, I knew it would be a clean simple weld with Six Starting Points. I was just lining up the final Mixer Flight when Mile came to give me my Pay-Cheque. As I was pushing the “Begin to Weld” button he watched as the Torch buried itself into the Screw. He just shook his head and walked away, knowing I’d get it fixed.

Traffic was lighter than most Rush-Hours I have seen and I only stopped for One Traffic Light. Richard was at his desk when I walked into Wyandotte Chiropractic Center, Twenty Minutes before my appointment. He took me right in. First he loosened me up on his Magic Bench. Then as he personally twisted me around, we spoke about things we’ve both noticed. My Hip is in better alignment and when he finished I could walk without my Cane, though I know that won’t last. I’ve noticed a change in my sleeping and working habits that are also more comfortable, but without these treatments, would not be happening.

It had been Raining while I was inside which did not bother me. I was on my way to the Credit Union and Traffic was crawling. When I turned onto Tecumseh Road, I could see Flashing Lights ahead. That One Minute section of road took Fifteen Minutes to make. When I left the Credit Union, traffic was moving faster past what was a Multi-Vehicle Pile-Up. Wet roads will do it every time.

At home Kathy suggested a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Medium Hawaiian Pizza for supper.

When the 6 o’clock Local News mentioned Fuel Prices going up tomorrow, we were soon out the door to fill the Car. It also helped get Kathy out for the day.

Even though tomorrow is Friday, today had its own special label for me. I started my Second Year at Windsor Feedscrew. With my Hip/Leg issue I don’t know how much of it I will actually work.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears.

Rudyard Kipling, English Writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment