It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Should Have Listened.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I mentioned in last night’s Blog, I headed into work early today to hopefully completely weld Two Feedscrews. By the time the first one was hot enough to start, the rest of the day crew had arrived for their shift.

After Four Hours it was ready to be put in the Sandbox completely finished. As I was loading the second Unit into the PTA, Mile brought me over to a Rebuilt Screw that had been welded over a month ago. Even though it was a perfect weld he complained that the side edge that is hand cleaned was too much and I had to change the Rotation Speed on the PTA, starting with the Feedscrew I was about to weld. No matter how I tried to explain to him that it was the Oscillating Speed and Width that needed adjusting, he would not listen.

Standing there while I made changes to the Numbers he was happy, but when I hit the “Begin to Weld” button and the Torch plunged straight into the weld he was saying I did that. I reset everything and had him push the button, of which he had the same results. I did a few Hard Restarts before the welding started had the Torch tracking too much to the Right, instead of slightly Left. Like before Christmas, I had to stop the process twice to reset the Torch on the Oscillating Bar in order to continue welding.
I simply looked at Mile before each restart. When it finally started working the way it should, the
Hard Surfacing Powder suddenly stopped coming down the tube. No matter what I did the Powder was not reaching the Torch from the Bin. With at least Three Hours of welding to complete the job, I simply buried it in the Sandbox for the night as Mile walked away. I was hot, sweaty and tired when I punched out at 4:03.

When I got home Kathy suggested having a Store-Bought Thin-Crust Vegetarian Pizza for supper.

Our 6 o’clock Local News showed more wet weather heading our way.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What do you call a classy fish?



Sofishticated.

1 comment:

  1. It sound like you are almost to the point of: "How much do I really need this job". If it were me, I would start thinking about exit strategies. You sound like a talented guy, you should have no trouble finding another gig.

    Then the angel on the other shoulder says: "sometimes it is better to deal with the devil that you know than one you don't."

    It has got to be really frustrating, though.

    ReplyDelete