It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2021

Slightly Better Sleep, Working At The Storage Room and Cold Weather.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After having such a bad night’s sleep on Tuesday I wasn’t taking any chances last night. With the start of a Headache I took an Extra Strength Tylenol thinking that would help me sleep. Being in bed before midnight is not my norm but within minutes I was asleep.

By 1:00 I was again staring at the ceiling. By 3:00 the only thing I could do was to take a Tylenol Night-Time Tablet. It was after 4:30 when I finally fell into a deep sleep.

Sun's trying brighten things up.

I was up minutes after 8:00 with only a slight Headache. By the time I had breakfast ready Kathy had already joined me. Luckily Kathy had slept quite soundly only waking after she sensed my absence.

Low Humidity.

I only looked at The Weather Network to see what the temperatures would be like while Kathy made lunch for us to bring with us. Even though we’d be inside we made certain to dress for these cold conditions.

We stopped at the TD Bank by 9:30. I had to stand outside like others Social Distancing with our Masks while waiting to repeat the process inside. It took Ten Minutes standing in line and Two Minutes for the transaction.

After collecting our Mail in the empty Office at Guardian Storage we drove back to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit. We thought that we would accomplish much more then we did but we also recognized what the problem is. When we first filled the Storage Unit it was filled with Furniture and Keepsakes we would use if we needed to come off the road. When we had to empty the Trailer the contents were added to this Unit. Unfortunately it went from being very well organized to being mixed up.

After locating most of what we wanted and having lunch it was time to load up the Truck. We stopped at the Trailer to make certain everything was good and to add a few things inside the door. With these Cold Temperatures we’ll wait for it warm up a bit before opening the Slides adding stress to the Seals and Slide Covers.

We stopped at Dollarama not only to walk the aisles but to get a few food stocks.

After parking the Truck I collected a Shopping Cart from the building to load up with things we brought from the Storage Unit. I was glad to be wearing my Back Brace for lifting the One Heavy Container.

Higher Temperature. Lower Humidity.

In the Apartment while I unloaded the Cart Kathy started making us Hot Coffees to get the chill out of our bodies. Because of the outside temperature at the Storage Unit the inside temperature was only 54 F (12 C) so we took off our heavy coats. Then when we went outside our bodies cooled even more even though we had put our coats back on.

Around 5:00 we had another Sandwich, shared the last piece of Brownie Cake for dessert and had another Hot Drink.

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Coronavirus continues to be the top story with another Death and more Cases even though the numbers are coming down slowly.

One of the things we brought from the Storage Unit was a Humidifier. In the Three Hours it has been running the Humidity Level has increased by 5% in the Apartment and we are not finding it so stuffy.

I’ve already taken a Tylenol Night-Time Tablet in hopes of having a good night’s sleep.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your wife's hairdo has ever been destroyed by a ceiling fan.

4 comments:

  1. Humidifiers definitely make a difference! Hoping that takes care of your headache issues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The humidifier confused me, I thought you'd messed up the sentence at first. Its been so long since I've even thought of a humidifier (Saskatchewan), we've been using a dehumidifier for soooo long now. Hope that helps your headaches, be sure to drink plenty of water also - I have that issue myself and water makes all the difference, both in an out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I read your blog every day - have never commented but feel the need to stop minding my own business and jump in here: (1) talk with your dr about taking so many Tylenols....this med can cause liver damage! (2) a recurring headache (especially if you are not prone to them) is a sign of Covid. I have a friend whose only symptom was poor sleep and a headache... she tested positive. Again - check with your doctor. Hope you feel better soon. I sympathize about the sleep issues. Humidifiers work wonders when it's this cold. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought it was somewhat of a "viscous" circle when we had the house. Humidifier upstairs that we had to fill in the winter. Dehumidifier we had to empty in the basement in the summer...😊 Hope it helps with the headaches and general feeling of stuffiness. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete