It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 22, 2021

Comment Answers, Old Injury and Wonderful Meal.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

Strangely when going to bed late I tend to wake early then have to force myself to rest longer. It felt good getting to bed earlier last night but when that happens I sleep in. I must have some wires crossed.

Yesterday’s moderate temperatures had cleaned all the remnants of Wednesday’s Flurries so nature decide to send a little message to remind us what time of year it was. There was even evidence on the Bicycle Cover along the Balcony Rail. At least it wasn’t the heavy blanket that was being forecasted.

After checking everything from Local News, Weather, E-Mails I had the chance to start reading Blogs we follow on our Sidebar before checking our daily Comments. Occasionally I respond to some on the Blog itself.

A comment asked why our Prime Minister didn’t order the Vaccines for our Country. Like many countries that made Trade Agreements there is give and take. For Canada that meant we lost too many of our Pharmaceutical Companies leaving us with only those making Vitamins. Now like other countries we depend on Foreign Drug Manufactures but with a Global Pandemic the Manufacturers control who the ship to. There is a Distribution Center less then an Hour from us in Michigan but again it is the Manufacturer who controls its shipments.

For those who have problems with Spammers infiltrating your blogs Jeff left a Comment explaining how to block them from your Blogs. Bit by bit over the years I’ve slowly installed those safeguards in our Blog. It especially helps to keep Spam away from older posts and that seems to be what they target because they think you won’t notice. The problem is once Spammers find an opening they can flood your Blog with garbage.

Unfortunately since Blogger changed to the New Format there are lots of problems like the delay in publishing that affects many of us.

There’s still some Carrot Cake left as of this writing but I don’t think you’d like the drive that far for a piece Jeff. LOL!

We shook things up a bit for lunch today. We made Toasted Tomato and Cheese Sandwiches topped off with a piece of Carrot Cake for dessert.

Throughout my career I suffered way too many injuries that occasionally come back to haunt me. The one was caused unintentionally by someone just trying to be helpful. While I had my back towards the Platform that he was standing on he lost his footing and his Steel Toed Boot kicked me in the middle of my Spine. It took nearly a Half Hour before I could be removed from between the Platform and the Machine.

Normally by regular exercise it does not bother me but every once in a while. That while happened on Wednesday. Even though I went out for groceries yesterday my back kept reminding me to take it easy. Today I managed some light-weight exercises. This will almost be like starting over again.

For supper I cleaned and Thin Sliced Potatoes so that Kathy could saute them in the Frying Pan along with some Salmon Fillets and Asparagus. We finished it off by sharing a bottle of Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine). It all tasted wonderful.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News we added 89 more Cases and lost 8 more People to the Coronavirus in our area today. The delay in our Vaccines seems to be at the Moderna Processing Plant that has shut down for expansion purposes. What kind of company does that in the middle of a Pandemic. Scientist are now saying that we should be doubling our Masks to better protect ourselves from the Virus. Probably because of the Variant Strains now spreading.

As for our Weather we could be seeing more then Flurries starting this Weekend.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost.”

Sir Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister.

4 comments:

  1. There are masks available (we have them) that allow you to put another mask inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the light exercise helps out. I will check out Jeff's comment. I occasionally have problems with spammers but not often. I notice the delete comment is missing now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boot in the back sounds very painful! That carrot cake makes me drool! Dinner looks yummy and I don't like fish! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrible thing to be kicked in the spine albeit by accident.

    I had not heard about Moderna shutting down for expansion...you are right, not the thing to do in the middle of a pandemic without an alternate location to make more vaccines.

    Enjoy your snow, I am freezing and it is only 59 degrees.

    ReplyDelete