It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2021

Should Have Known Better, Scanning Certificates and More Deaths.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After requiring something to help me sleep for Three Nights in a row I was certain everything would be fine last night. I only woke every time that I rolled over and that was often. Remember all those old work injuries I wrote about. Awake I can block them out but asleep my body reminds me anytime I move.

Another thing we noted last night was that after running our Humidifier for nearly Twenty-Four Hours the Humidity level inside the Apartment had risen to 75% and we were starting to see moisture building on the Windows. We shut it down overnight.

Opening the Balcony Blinds shortly after 8:00 the sky was filled with Clouds but there seemed to be a glimmer of light trying to pop out from behind them. We would later have a Partly Sunny afternoon. I managed to accomplish lots of Computer reading before Kathy would join me this morning.

As soon as breakfast was over and since the Humidity was down to 60 % we turned the Humidifier back on. We also returned to finish our morning reading.

For lunch we had Italian Wedding Soup with Shortbread Cookies, Orange Slices and Yogurt Cups for dessert.

One thing that has grown increasingly difficult during the Lock-Downs that we have faced due to the Coronavirus is applying for jobs. Before you could personally speak with someone, offer to do a test and then most times they asked when you could start. By applying On-Line they ask for a Resume but many ask for more.

Years ago Kathy made a book that contained all my Certificates but when we went Fulltime that book was packed away. When we were at the Storage Unit the other day we brought a Container filled with books from our old apartment. In that Container was the Book with all my accomplishments in it.

Now in order to send copies of those to potential employers I needed to Scan them. When I had to replace the Hard-Drive a few years ago I lost my ability to use our scanner. It took nearly an Hour just to locate and download that program On-Line. I then spent another Two Hours scanning all my Certificates.

While I was doing that Kathy had gone back to the kitchen to bake a Pie.

It took over Eight Thousand Hours to earn this one.

I then E-mailed copies of my Certificates to some of the places I had sent in On-Line Resumes. Since this is Saturday and the area is still in Lock-Down maybe I’ll hear back on Monday.

We had Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches from Lou’s Kitchen on Hamburger Buns for supper along with a piece of Chocolate Cream Pie that Kathy made today for dessert.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we learned of 6 more Deaths to the Coronavirus in our area. Canada seems to be on a long list of countries waiting for the Vaccine. I think our government should be pushing to manufacture our own pharmaceuticals like we used to do. We’ll have another Partly Sunny Day tomorrow that will change over to Flurries. That should last for about Thirty-Six Hours.

Hard to believe that tomorrow will be the last day of January already. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that things get better.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

We don’t seem to be able to stop crime, so why not legalize it and put a heavy tax on it. We have taxed other industries out of business, it might work here.

Will Rogers, March 20, 1931

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you just take a picture of the certificate and crop it down to exact size. Done. Store in a folder called Certificates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an phone app called Genius Scan which allows you to take a picture that the app then turns in to a PDF document. I've used it for years and highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the end of January already. I can't decide if time is going slowly or quickly!!
    Hope you get some vaccines up there soon. Here in Texas, friends in San Antonio are about to receive their second shots. Friends in Austin aren't finding things going that easily. And DFW may not be much better. Out here in the boonies, our local health department head says she's calling and checking every place she can. Well, it will take a while to get organized for some of us. And it IS a massive undertaking. We'll just have to all hang in there. Been doing that; can keep on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the good news is that you ate least found your book. What a pain if you had not.

    ReplyDelete