It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 4, 2021

Restless, Cloudy, No Answer, Mess and Grim Local Milestone.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

One thing I hate about showers is that they are invigorating so when I take one late at night I generally have a hard time to fall asleep. Surprisingly that didn’t happen last night but an Hour and a Half later besides tossing and turning I was staring at the ceiling. Even after yesterday’s workout relieved me of all my Aches and Pains they started to reappear. After spending an Hour at the Computer it finally allowed me to go back to bed and finish my night’s sleep.

When there is a reflection on the River it has to be smooth.

I was not up Fifteen Minutes when Kathy joined me this morning saying she had a restless night. The simple answer is that when either of us has a bad night we both have a bad night.

Looking outside at the weather did nothing to encourage us. The lack of Sunshine is what drives most Snowbirds to head south during the Winter. In the south the forecast is normally Overcast but most times you have to hunt for the Clouds. Today’s forecast for our region was for sunny breaks this afternoon. What really happened was the Clouds got thicker.

We headed out the door shortly after 11:00 because we’ve had cooler then seasonal temperatures since our last Flurries I needed to clean off the Truck. Having only run it for a short time the Batteries nearly didn’t let it start.

The entire trip to Amherstburg was somber as we saw bare Trees with the odd dirty white piles where the Plows had put them. Looking out onto the river it appeared nearly smooth.

When we reached River Towne Dental with its limited parking I dropped Kathy off for her appointment.

I drove to our son Kevin’s thinking I would visit for a short time. Knocking on the garage door there was no answer so I simply left. I didn’t go to the house because I knew that Melissa was busy working from her Home-Office.

It was past 1:00 when Kathy came out with a bunch of Paperwork to look over. We were both starting to feel hungry so we went to the Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we each got a Chicken Wrap for our lunch.

Must like Christmas but the electric bill has to be high.

Retracing our route back to Windsor I was able to point out to Kathy one of the City Trucks that I built up while working at Windsor Laser Cutting. A crew was using it to collect Trash along the Expressway.

We stopped at Guardian Storage to collect our Mail. We then drove back to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit where we collected the boxes so we can store our Christmas Tree and Decorations. We know we are late but it adds colour to our home.

Water and Slush.

We also drove back to check on the Trailer. With all the Semis that are paying to park there the place was a mess. Slush and Water all over including around the Trailer. There was still a small Drift on the roof but the Solar Panels were holding solid. Thinking that one of our Tire Covers was coming off I stepped on what appeared to be solid ground. I now have a Mud-line half way up my shoes.

Lots of water all around.

We were happy that our parking spot was still waiting when we got back to our building and that the Truck ran smooth and strong. We also noticed the Recycle Truck leaving as we arrived. Once we had the Boxes upstairs in the Apartment I returned to empty our Recycle Bins.

For supper we had Macaroni and Cheese along with Shortbread Cookies, an Orange and a Yogurt Cup for dessert.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News we learned of a Grim Milestone for our city. There were 16 Coronavirus Deaths just today with over 129 New Cases as of news time. We never did see the Sun today but there is a chance we might see it next weekend along with more Flurries.

We’ll see what we do tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

It takes you and 31 others in the same room to show off a full set of teeth.

6 comments:

  1. I think I know how you will answer this, but here goes, would you be down to Arizona, had a thought. We are close to our Canadian friends, but they came any way, but they flew into Tucson Airport, them flew to that airport. We are leaving on and Wednesday we will them see them soon. We both live one street over. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. My name is Rawn Stone, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Christmas yard! That's all of $$ invested in that yard art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still have our Christmas decorations up. I want to keep them up until we can exchange gifts and have Christmas dinner with our daughter and family ... but that isn't looking like it will happen any time soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. My M-I-L leaves her Xmas up until Jan 15th... Me, I used to take it down Boxing Day but Brad insists I wait until New Years Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas season ends on the feast of the Epiphany, January 6th. There was a time the people of Mexico would exchange gifts on the Epiphany but I'm not sure if that's true anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sun is definitely a downer. I still don't know how you alleviate sore muscles by working out but glad it works for you.

    ReplyDelete