It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, January 29, 2021

Good Sleep, Clarifying Comments and “The Book Club”.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

After having Two Rough Nights in a row I was starting to feel desperate for sleep so again I took another Tylenol before going to bed. Even though we had gotten quite a bit of Fresh Air while at the Storage Yard and unloading the Truck. Another thing that I didn’t think about was that when we got back to the Apartment I immediately set up our Humidifier that had already changed the Humidity level inside by that time. Amazingly I looked at the Clock when I lay down and the next time I looked it was past 8:00 this morning.

I had to carefully open the Balcony Blinds because it was so bright outside. This would be one of the few days that we will see the Sun through this Winter season. I’d barely gotten things ready for breakfast when Kathy joined me. She had a wonderful sleep not even moving all night. If I’m not tossing and turning all night it has that affect on her.

Taking our morning beverages to the Computers while Kathy checked the world news I managed to apply for a couple more jobs. When it came to reading all the Blogs we follow only a few had written.

In answer to Comments on how a Humidifier works is it adds moisture to the air. Since our Apartment has Electric Heat the air becomes dry to the point it dries our Sinus Passages making it hard to breath. We tend to not open the Balcony Door often during this cold weather so the Humidifier fixes the problem. Most people who live in very humid areas use a Dehumidifier during the warmer weather to help their Air Conditioners cool their homes.

Since we’ll be doing a grocery run next week Kathy recreated a Leftover Boneless Pork Chop by finely chopping it with Onions and using the Leftover Hamburger Buns to make them as sandwiches.

Getting back to Computers I was notified that Employers were reviewing my Resumes. Also found a few more Blogs to read before noticing another Comment that was very concerned about my health and I appreciate that.

In case you are not aware both Kathy and I have Sleep Apnea and one of the side-effects is Insomnia. The researchers think it is another way our body protects itself when you are not breathing properly. We watch not to eat late and drink mostly Decaffeinated Beverages. With the dry air from the Electric Heat there might be some truth to that.

Another concern was my taking so many Tylenol which is not really true. Taking One or Two throughout a night recently is not bad because it helps the body to relax. The Headache I complained about was brought on due to my inability to sleep.

During my working career I was injured many times and not always by my working unsafely. Most times it was someone not doing their job properly that resulted in others including me getting injured. Working around Liquid Metal does that to a lot of people. The one caused my Knee Cap to be chipped and I lived on Tylenol for Fourteen Months before surgery was done to repair it. Because I was surviving on Tylenol I was having Stomach Problems. I also know that our Liver filters everything we eat or drink.

After sharpening my favourite chopping Knife I was able to slice Potato Dollars as thin as the blade itself. Kathy was busy cooking Salmon Fillets along with Niblet Corn before sauteing the Potatoes for our supper. We added a couple of Shortbread Cookies and an Apple Sauce Cup for dessert that we washed down with Carbonated Juice (Fake Wine).

On the 6 o’clock Local News the Coronavirus is still the top subject along with the continued delay of the Vaccine which has all the medical professionals in Canada on edge. Looks like we’ll have more Cold Temperatures heading our way before it warms and everything turns White again.

We watched a comedy this evening that was an All-Star Cast called “The Book Club”. It was funny.

Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Everyone is entitled to their opinion unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What goes “ha ha thump”?


Someone laughing their head off.

5 comments:

  1. Leonard wears a cpap plus his oxygen concentrator at night. He has problems with nose bleeds quite often. When he does he is told to take a cotton ball and roll it then spray with Afrin. Seems to help, for a while. I can't imagine wearing these things and trying to sleep. Good when you and Kathy both have a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you have some decent luck with the job hunt pretty soon. Lots of low wage jobs here in south Texas but skilled work is in short supply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saline nose sprays help with a dry nose. But you probably know that. A friend who has to be on O2 at night swears by it. And I use it myself. OK. So much for nose stuff.
    YEA for the good night's sleep you both had. They are invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is also a saline lubricant in a tube that you can put just inside each nostril before you fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can pick it up at any pharmacy over the counter.

    ReplyDelete