It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, October 28, 2019

Fixing Things On The Phone, Miscommunications and 119th.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though it didn’t feel that cold this morning it seemed that neither of us were in a real hurry to get out of our Warm Bed. When we finally had our Lite Breakfast and morning Coffee/Tea we looked at the Calendar only to find that Kathy had an appointment in Tecumseh in Ten Minutes. Since it takes over a Half Hour to get there I called for a reschedule and at at more reasonable time of day.

The first thing I did on the Computer was to answer a Questionnaire from the Canadian Blood Services. By doing so and then printing out the Quick Pass Form saves me over a Half Hour when I go to donate Blood. Unfortunately it was so humid inside the Trailer the Printer would not work because the sheets of paper were sticking together. It would be nearly lunch time before the Printer would work the way it should.

Next I had to call in our Prescription Renewals that we’ll need for the next Three Months. There seemed to be some confusion at the other end so I called back at 11:00 when Steve the Pharmacist would be in. That only took Five Minutes and everything was straightened around but when I told him about being Laid-Off he said he’d keep his ears open for me.
We actually saw the Sun and clear Blue Sky all day.
Bonnie showed up to start wrapping the Cedar Trees on our Site like we normally do so the Heavy Snow doesn’t destroy them. Kathy went out because I was on the phone and coached her so that it wasn’t so overwhelming doing it for the first time. Luckily the Wind had died down and the temperature was at 59 F (15 C) making it more comfortable then it’s been in days.
Split Pea With Ham Soup seemed to warm and satisfy our hunger but then we had a little of the Ambrosia Salad that we brought Home from the Halloween Party on Saturday for our dessert.
Farmer's fields from Saturday Night's Rain still flooded.
Loading a few more things into the Truck we were soon on our way to Guardian Storage in Windsor. We’re temporarily using a Storage Unit for things that will be going to the apartment. When they are gone it will be used to store things we have to remove from the Trailer before it goes back to the Jayco Factory in Indiana to repair it again. Then we headed to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit to put things that cannot freeze inside. This Unit will be completely emptied and given up once we are in the apartment.

Our next stop was at Staples to get a couple of Wrist Supports for when we use the Mouse on our Computers. Kathy’s was getting a little tattered while the Gel Support that I was using sprung a leak. They only had One available but another store had Four. We also noticed their Printer Paper was “On Sale” so we got a couple packages to go.

From there we stopped at Walmart while Kathy took a quick look around the Ladies Wear I reinvested our small Lottery Winnings. Maybe this time we’ll get real lucky.
It was past 3:30 and our Lite Breakfast and Lunch were long gone. With other errands to run we didn’t know when we would be able to eat so we went over to Harvey’s and used a Coupon for a filling meal at a discounted price. Like the last time Kathy accidentally got my Hamburger that had Jalapeno and Hot Peppers on it. She needed a refill on her drink to cool things down.
Our next stop was Vital Aire and since they share the same building as the Canadian Blood Services does it was easy to park. I was supposed to pick up my New CPAP Machine today but they said I didn’t have an appointment. Some kind of miscommunication. Then they said it would take an Hour for all the Paperwork and showing me how to use a Machine identical to what they loaned me. Since we have other appointments in town tomorrow I said I’d be back then. Have it set up and ready for me to sign the Paperwork for or give me back the Prescription and I’ll go somewhere else. It’ll be ready tomorrow.

Since I believed that I would still be employed as of this date I had changed my appointment to donate Blood to 5:30. When I checked in at Canadian Blood Services there were very few people there so they took me in before 4:30. Today marks my 119th Blood Donation in Twenty-One Years with hopefully many more to come. People started arriving as we were getting ready to leave.

After having Juice and Cookies we drove over to Windsor Gas and Diesel. I consulted with Jim about both the Car and Truck. He was as upset with my being Laid-Off as I was. He’ll keep an ear open for me. Amazing how all these people want me to work except my Employer.
We stopped at the other Staples store for the second Wrist Support before heading towards the grocery store. We talked that we would probably be eating out a lot for the rest of the week so we didn’t bother stopping and went straight Home.
Our Sunset tonight.
Tomorrow is another busy day so we’ll fill you in then. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Confucius Says

Man who lives in glass house should change in basement.




5 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is going well with the apartment. It's nice not to worry about dumping tanks and checking tires.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, another busy day and I'm thinking they're getting busier in the next few! Try not to overdo and make yourselves sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy day. Have fun moving into that apartment but remember to take it easy and don't overdue. Kathy, I am happy for you I know as much as you like traveling this was something you wanted when you are in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your 119th blood donation, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From some remarks I can't imagine you miss working where you were. Something more suitable will pop up!

    ReplyDelete