It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Early Fraud Call, Mary’s Visit, Picked Up New CPAP and The Last Merry Thanksmas This Year.

Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

It was bad enough that we were both having trouble sleeping due to the excitement of getting our Apartment early but just after we finally fell asleep the Phone rang before 7:00 in the morning. It was an Automated Message from Visa saying there was Suspicious Activity that had just used our Credit Card and we should contact the Fraud Department. I simply hung up but could not go back to sleep no matter what.

As soon as we had breakfast Kathy tried logging into our accounts but the Stupid Security System never allows her in without Fifty Questions and a Phone Call. Then the next time she goes to check it she has to go through the same BS. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.

There wasn’t much time spent on the Computer this morning as there was a lot to get done before lunch. Along with the Loaner CPAP Machine I hauled more things out to the Car that we had forgotten to bring to the Storage Unit the last couple of days. That really gave us much more space in the Trailer to move around. Luckily the Sun was shining with no Breeze making it feel warmer but there were droves of Birds heading in a southerly direction. Then I attacked the Back Seat of the Truck getting it ready to be able to transport things from our Storage Units to the Apartment.

When I went back inside Kathy had cleaned things up in anticipation of Mary from Healthy Heals arrival. That gave me time to get back to my reading in preparation to a Written Test I was told that I would need to do for my Drivers License Renewal.
Mary working on Kathy's feet.
Mary was only slightly late but considering that most of her Clients are in town we won’t hold it against her. While she worked on Kathy’s feet we told her where we would be moving to. She said we would be close to her house and she had other Patients in that area.

We had Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch along with the last of the Ambrosia for dessert. Once I finished reading that Truckers MTO Handbook we were soon heading out the door.

Our first destination was Green Shield in Windsor to drop off the Claim Form for Mary’s visit. We should have the Reimbursement Cheque before next weekend.

As we were leaving there we saw a long Freight Train heading into town. At the slow speed it was travelling we headed up the Expressway to Central Avenue and doubled back on the Service Road to Guardian Storage so we could add those articles to our Storage Unit. As we were getting back on the Service Road I spotted the Semi that had been stopped first in line for the Train finally heading our way.
As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog our next stop was back to Vital Aire. As soon as I walked in Tiara went to get my new CPAP Machine from the shelf. It was all set up ready for me and I simply had to sign Five Forms before walking out.
Fall Colours dwarfed by the Cold Clouds.
When I spoke to Jim yesterday at Windsor Gas and Diesel I asked if he could check the Tires on our Escape. He simply said “Bring it by tomorrow”. He won’t try to sell you something unless it’s worn out. After he checked them with his Gauge he said we’d make it through the winter with no problems. If we had gone to a Tire Shop they would have us replacing all the tires now. We trust Jim’s opinion.

It was shortly after 3:30 when we arrived at the Driver’s Licensing Bureau. The place was packed but the line moved quickly. There was no Written Test this time but I was informed that it will be necessary in the future. All that studying won’t go to waste as I learned a few things that have changed since I started driving. It was past 4:30 when we left.
We stopped at the Hi-Ho/Michigan Diner on Howard for supper. We ordered the Grilled Salmon with Sweet Potato Fries from the Senior’s Menu. Our stomachs must be shrinking because we were stuffed when we finished.
From there we drove over to our daughter Rose’s house on McKay. We have celebrated Merry Thanksmas with the rest of our family but not with Rose’s family. When we arrived Munaf was not home yet so it made it hard for D.J to wait to open his Gifts. We visited with finding out about the New High School D.J. is attending.
D.J. reading the cover of his Star Wars book.
When Munaf finally arrived D.J. was the first to open his Gifts and like his cousins he immediately wanted to start learning about Electricity by using the gift Snap Circuit we gave him. It’s a great teaching tool. Rose and Munaf also enjoyed their gifts as well as giving us something we’ll put to good use.
Munaf and Rose showing their Gifts.
By the time we got Home the inside of the Trailer was quite cold because we shut our Blue Flame Heater off anytime we leave. Tomorrow we get the Key to our Apartment and the Rain begins but we’ll make the most of it. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

You Might Be a Redneck If

You take more than one magazine with you to the bathroom.


  1. It's always fun to move in the rain. Good luck with that!!!!!

  2. Busy, busy, busy! Wow you have lots more energy than me LOL! Can't wait to see the new home!!

  3. Sounds like a nice evening with family.
    Looking forward to pictures of your new home.