It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Doing Laundry While Getting Things Straightened Around and Another Great Place To Eat.

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario, Canada.

After heading back towards Wildwood Golf and RV Park last night after our visit with Kevin and Melissa only shows that our trip had become so routine that we didn’t even think about it. You could compare that to some people we know that it would take a couple of weeks after they had moved to a new home that they stopped heading to their old house. 

As mentioned in yesterday’s Blog we have gotten in the habit of enjoying not only our breakfast but having our Coffee/Tea while reading at the Computers while in our PJs in our Home. It’s nothing Kinky it’s just our way of relaxing before buckling down to do whatever we can accomplish on those days. Now in order to take advantage of having a Free Continental Breakfast we have to totally change our routine around.

The people we saw having breakfast yesterday are not the same ones we saw today. Like when we are Home we are starting to remember what is available to eat so that we are not spending more time then necessary. 

Back in our room it was just about 8:30 when I called Leisure Trailers to speak with Stephanie about the Poor or Lack of Insulation in the Cap. She was already outside with another customer again so instead of patching me in to her Voice Mail the Receptionist said she would give our name and number to her.

I then tried to call the Insurance Company after 9:00 only to have the phone continue to ring. Not even the answering machine would pick up after five minutes of ringing. 

With everything we had been doing at our site lately our laundry had been building. Fortunately for us this Hotel has a Washer and Dryer for the guests to use. Notice that I did say “A” as in one of each but there was one special thing that made this a good place to do the laundry, the Price. The cost was only a Dollar and a Half a load for both the Washers and Dryers making it way cheaper then at our park. Getting everything sorted I started with the Whites and while they were in the wash I treated the Dark Clothes. When I put the Whites to dry I also started the Dark Clothes to wash. Back at our room I finished treating our Cottons for the last load.

It was then 10:30 so I called Leisure Trailer again and this time Stephanie was available. When I told her that I had called two hours before and the Receptionist was supposed to give her the message, she said she didn’t get it and that the next time I have to call when she is not available to insist on leaving a Voice Message. That way she will get back to us in a much shorter time. 

I expressed my concerns about the lack of Quality Insulation in the Nose Cap from what I saw in the pictures. She said the Tech said there was no space available to add any more and if he did the cap would not fit. He’d also finished installing the new Cap yesterday afternoon. I bit my tongue but I wasn’t happy. That is a Tech that I would not want working for me because I have worked with Insulation before and he just pulled the Wool Over Her Eyes.

Heading to the Laundry Room with the last of the clothes I put the wet clothes on top of the Dryer, the dirty clothes in the Washer and the dry clothes in our Hamper before putting the wet clothes inside the Dryer. Once everything was running again I went back to the room and started folding those clothes. 

It was time for lunch and since the Lunch Meat from the fridge was still partly frozen we decided on having Kentucky Fried Chicken. While Kathy got things ready I walked next door to the local outlet and was back in ten minutes with lunch. It has been a long time since we’ve eaten there but we had a taste for Fried Chicken. I just finished eating, washed my hands and had to go switch the second load of clothes out of and start the last load of clothes in the Dryer.

At this point I called the Insurance Company only to find out that the person I needed had just left for lunch. I said I would call back and I did after folding the rest of the dried clothes. They claimed not to have gotten information that we sent to them. When I gave the address that it had been mailed to with a few clicks of their Keyboard there it was already entered on our file. They also tried saying we would have to pay more then our records showed I challenged that. I had kept the original correspondence on my Computer and forwarded it back to them. That left them humming and hawing. They later Replied to my Forward that they would get back to me next week. 

We were both starting to get Cabin Fever and were about to go out for supper when I suggested we try the South Side Bar and Grill in the building, Kathy had a Mixed Salad topped with Grilled Chicken while I had a Steak Wrap with Fries. Both meals were just the right size, very tasty, reasonably priced and we just had to walk down the hall back to our room.

This was another day we could have done something else but were held Prisoners in our room waiting to talk to someone on the phone just because they couldn’t read what was already on their Computers. That’s not what we are doing tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Today's pictures
are from file.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

Then quit.

There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

W. C. Fields, American Actor

No comments:

Post a Comment