It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Modified China Cupboard.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

After we both had trouble going to sleep last night we sat around talking until nearly 2:00 in the morning. That means when you don’t get to sleep at your normal time you will sleep later. I keep saying we have things that need to get done but being Retired does have its benefits like taking your time to do things. I was up shortly after 9:00 and it didn’t take long for Kathy to sense my absence in bed before joining me downstairs. 
This is the inside of one of our Office Cabinets.
Lit by Yellow LED Worklight.
We had breakfast then finished our morning Coffee/Tea while reading at the Computers. There were a couple of phone calls I needed to make and only managed to leave a couple of Voice Mails that I hoped would get some responses. I would end up calling them both later in the day with the same result. We’ll just say my second message had a sharper tone to my voice promising another call first thing tomorrow morning. 
Minestrone Soup, Crackers with Cranberry Cheese
and Clementine Oranges for dessert.
After getting things ready to start back on my project we decided to have Minestrone Soup and Crackers with Cranberry Cheese for a lite lunch. This may sound mundane but what it really works out to be is that we are using up food that is in our Refrigerator/Freezer before we vacate our trailer early next week.

Kathy busied herself doing the dishes while I busied myself emptying the lower shelf in our Cupboard that held our China. Using the same theory that we did in making the decision to change the height of our Pantry Shelves we did the same consideration with our China Cupboard. After making minor adjustments to the new shelf I found myself needing additional braces so once they were made they had to be stained and left to dry in the Hot Sun before they could be installed. 
One of the Office Cabinets with a Half Shelf installed.
While those pieces were drying I shifted my attention to our Office Storage where the plan was to add Half-Shelves. Being that these Cabinets are narrow these Half Shelves would allow for the taller most used books to be at the front but making enough space that everything will look organized instead of just being heaped inside. The doors and latches on this Cabinet had to be removed to give me more room to reach in at Arms-Length the back of these shelves. Being the contents of our Office Storage have already been packed away until we get our trailer back I can only show what the shelves look like at this time.

The China Cupboard Shelf went much easier especially after doing the Pantry on Tuesday. By suppertime Kathy had probably rearranged the shelves at least five times. As Kathy said “Now I can find what I want without having to digging for it”. We also lined that shelf with Anti-Slip Material which stops things from moving while we are traveling down the road. 
Our better organized China Cabinet.
Since I had to empty the Spice/Condiment Cabinet to add bracing for the China Cupboard Shelf Kathy wanted to clean and reorganize that as well. That gave me the chance to go back outside in the 97 F (36 C) Humidex to put those tools away. Looking at the Clouds in the East Sky I was glad I didn’t wait until after supper.

Speaking of supper Kathy thought having Pancakes with the last of the Black Berries was not only filling but helped to empty more from the Fridge. It tasted wonderful and wasn’t overly filling. 

We had a bit of Rain pounding on our Roof just before 9:00 this evening. Tomorrow our area is forecasted to have Morning Rain so we both have things we need to do for ourselves before working on our To-Do List again. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Joke of the Day

Ask a silly question:

Why do they sterilize the needles used for lethal injections?

2 comments: