It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Murphy at the Computers.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

By the time I finished reading the blogs we follow at night the 11 o’clock News was on. They showed we were in for some favorable weather for the next few days. That definitely helped the both of us sleep easier and very soundly. By 7:00 I was staring at the ceiling wide awake but by 7:30 my back told me it was time to get up and get moving. Of course that also meant that a few minutes later my presence in bed was missed and Kathy had soon followed me to the dining room where the Weather Channel confirmed what the local news had told us the night before. After cereal and coffee for breakfast we headed to the computers to catch up on our E-mail and blog reading. 
In yesterday’s post I mentioned how Kathy and I had Fine Tuned an article to be posted on a page at the top of our blog. Kathy has in the past helped many individuals to declutter and organize their homes some of them were on the verge of being Hoarders. This morning I posted the page titled Organizing Tips but have since retitled it to Shopping at Home. The article tells how to organize with a different twist. It can also help many people who have an addiction to shopping. These people over shop because they can’t find something and need it right now or because it’s on sale even if they don’t need it. If you get a chance take a moment to read it and let us know what you think.
Once it was posted I immediately looked it over and was shocked to find Murphy was playing a cruel joke and had done some editing of his own. I had to rework the entire article, delete the original page and finally repost it before it appeared the way it was intended. Afterwards I tried to make both the PCs function the way they are supposed to without luck. Stupid Computer’s Again!
Once lunch was finished I retrieved a shopping cart from downstairs and using my hernia belt loaded the tool boxes that I had brought in before my surgery. That gave me the ability to work on a few projects that needed to be done without over stressing the incision. Today I returned them to the truck then returned to the apartment to change my clothes. For the next three hours I worked at removing, straightening and reinstalling the bent mud flap bracket as well as trimming the new full sized mud flaps and installing them. Just when I thought I was nearly finished I realized that there is a bit more adjusting to do but I’d run out of water and it was already supper time.
We had just finished eating when the phone rang. It was our good friends Vera and Bill downstairs and they were here to drop off a box of Rhubarb they had picked for us. They came up for a short ten minute visit and were on their way home for supper themselves.
In the morning we’ll clean and freeze the Rhubarb in small packages so that we’ll have enough to last us through the year. We are also planning a few other things for tomorrow. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

The cumulative time that office workers spent stuck in elevators in the last twelve months:
  • Dallas/Fort Worth              2.4 years
  • Washington, D.C.               2.2 years
  • Atlanta                                1.9 years
  • Boston                                 1.8 years

IBM Smarter Buildings Study, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment