It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day of Accomplishments



Our Location today is Tarpon Springs, Florida.

After sleeping until nearly 8:00 we thought about lazing about on the computers after breakfast. Kathy chose to try and Login on the Verizon Site so that when it comes  time for us to pay for our next months usage she could easily do it with no problems kind of like running practice laps before a race. She should have saved herself the aggravation because she ended up with online chat tech support and they couldn’t figure out what she was talking about. When it needs to be done I’ll take care of it at a Verizon location face to face with a representative and I guarantee I won’t be the one sweating.
Saw this boat from a different angle on Tuesday and it's docked next to our RV park.
Last week on Thursday Kathy and I ran into Jim Guld of The Geeks on Tour at the Tampa RV Show. He was there helping Ian and Stacey at the Techno-RV booth. We compared notes and I told him how I was composing the blogs offline before signing on and finishing it on the post. He assured me using live writer was far easier and I should give it a try. Considering I’m always reading of other’s using it I thought I’d download it this morning. I spent whatever spare time I had this evening getting rid of it because it brought in so many pop-up ads that I could not see our blog’s home page.
Kathy enjoyed hugging a different type of tree then what's at home.
Before lunch we needed to stretch our legs so we walked around the park something we hadn’t done since our arrival. While we were down by the waters edge it suddenly dawned on me that some of the homes and boats we had seen our boat tour were within a short distance of the park.
That is the same boat we took our tour on on Tuesday.
 After lunch we took out our collapsible dishpan and washed our collection of seashells we had gathered the other day. The idea was to reduce any odor they would emit and remove excess sand. There were also a few that became damaged by their unprotected transportation in the truck. With the amount of good shells Kathy will easily accomplish her picture frame project.
There are many layers of seashells and small conches in this dishpan.
 Just before supper UPS delivery arrived with our special ordered Sunshade that we purchased from J & J Sunshades, LLC. At the Tampa RV Show. Because they didn’t have the shade of material in stock for the show they put our names at the top of the list and as soon as the material arrived they manufactured our two piece screen and shipped it to us here at this campground. 
 

This evening we went down by the waters and got a chance to witness our first January sunset here in Florida. It was so beautiful and peaceful there and many of the birds were catching fish. This could become a nightly ritual when we are at campgrounds that are on the waters edge.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Time-Management Tip

Kiss spouse goodbye five times before leaving for work Monday,

thus allowing quicker exit from house for the rest of the week.

theonion.com

4 comments:

  1. I use LiveWriter, and I'll admit it's been years since I downloaded the software, but I don't remember getting popup ads. Everybody here soaks their shells in 50% diluted bleach before using them. I'd love to see a picture of your 2-piece sunshade. We're looking for one, but may end up making it ourselves (we'll see . . . ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's odd about Live Writer and pop up ads. I'd give it another shot. Maybe there was a box that was left checked and should have been unchecked?
    Don't know.
    I too have been using Live Writer for maybe a couple years now, but I've never had so much as a hint of a pop-up. There's something else going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for me. I use LiveWriter also - it downloaded with no problem, and I didn't have any popup ads afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats good that you got to see a nice sunset.
    With our Verizon MIFI just a quick phone call to the number on the back of the refill card to prepay our next month. But could not do it until the service ran out.

    ReplyDelete