It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 1, 2024

Picking Up The Pace.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though it seemed today would be a repeat of yesterday, it turned out completely different. I only woke twice last night, once to see Kathy checking that I was okay. Instead of waving, I simply lay still for Five Seconds more before she headed back to bed. I slept solid but was still awake by 6:30. (The Sun rose at 6:57.)

I got things ready for a quick breakfast around 8:00 only to have Kathy come out, just as I was ready to sit down. Cereal and Juice worked well together. Since returning from the Hospital, I have not let the Pain wear me down, but when I showed Kathy the medication that I had been prescribed, it showed I had taken only taken less then Ten Percent of what was prescribed. I was surprised they were weaker than my Extra Strength Tylenol.

After checking things On-Line, I told Kathy I’d be back. I walked all the way past the Elevators to the North Stairwell and back in less than Ten Minutes using my walker. That is Twice yesterday’s distance in the same amount of time. As I neared the Apartment there was Kathy shaking her head at my determination. She told me to have a seat while she made Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch.

I made it a point that for every Hour I sat, I repeated my walk to the North Stairwell in Five Minutes. We worked together making supper, for which we had Sauteed Zucchini and Sweet Potato Slices, along with Honey Garlic Spare Ribs.

I’m not certain whether I’ll need anything for pain tonight, but if I do, those Four Walks, were worth it.

We watched “Guardians of the Galaxy” tonight. Never saw it before but it was worth it.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

Breaking a leg during an audition, ensures that you end up in the cast.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing great. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you are on the mend. I know how good it is to push yourself, but remember not to over do it and have a set back. Soon you will be back to your old self, ready to take on all that you haven't been able to do for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress. Thanks for the suggestion of grass instead of perennials where we removed holly shrubs. Can 't do. That area is about 3 feet wide. On one side the house, the other either driveway or sidewalk. My zero turn mower would not do well there. And no way am I going back to a push mower.

    ReplyDelete