It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2024

Still Trying.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I mentioned last night I Planned on sleeping in bed. Notice that word Planned. Luckily I had set everything up earlier in the day because I’d been sleeping in my Recliner, because it’s easy to get in and out of, with minimal discomfort. Sitting on the edge of the bed and using tricks that the Physiotherapist had shown me, I still winced just getting my leg on the Mattress. The nice part was being able hold Kathy’s hand until she feel asleep.

I just could not get comfortable and even with my feet covered they were cold. The only solution was to go sit in my Recliner for a while. Though my CPAP Machine was still in the bedroom, I still managed an Hour of sleep, but my breathing was suffering. Back in bed I managed to have several Naps but woke each time I moved. At least there was no Pain, only pressure. I finally started my day at 7:30 and headed to my Computer. Kathy would join me for breakfast an Hour later. Breakfast was Toast with Tea at Computers.

It was shortly after 11:00 when Richard O. a former roommate at the Hospital called to see how I was doing. We were comparing notes of our Hip Replacements and how we were getting around especially since we live in an Apartment and he lives in a House. He seems to be feeling pressure in his incision, just like I am feeling.

For lunch we shared a Veggie Omelette that helped finish our Stir-Fry.

After we both enjoyed an Epson Salts Foot Bath we spent the rest of the afternoon on the Computers.

I mentioned yesterday that I started using my Cane to move around the Apartment, but had to finish the day with my Walker. Today, I continued using only my Cane in an attempt to strengthen my legs. I will also continue trying to sleep in our bed, which could take some time to accomplish.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment, unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion, or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Every word you've ever said on TV was bleeped-out.

3 comments:

  1. Little steps towards recovery. Sounds like you are doing everything right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's coming along, I'm sure quite normally. Keep it up but as Doug and Nancy said above, baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things you can rush, but the healing process takes time.

    ReplyDelete