It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2020

Heavy Rain, Exercise, Welding Job and Great Barbecue.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

According to last night’s forecast we could expect Thunderstorms for Twenty-Four Hours starting at midnight. We both slept like a couple of rocks and didn’t wake until around 8:00 this morning. Looking outside there were puddles showing we’d had some Rain overnight but we didn’t hear a thing.
9:15 this morning.
As we ate our Muffins for breakfast it seemed the Clouds were getting thicker but we didn’t let it worry us. It started getting darker inside so we simply turned the overhead light on.
Wet Balcony and Trees
It wasn’t long after we settled in at the Computers that we looked up to see our Tandem Bicycle appear to be in a fog but it wasn’t. It was raining so hard from the west that it was practically parallel to the ground Eight Floors up. Kathy didn’t have to worry about watering the trees on our Balcony today as it continued like that for nearly an Hour.
Wanting something lite but filling for lunch we chose to have Split Pea with Ham Soup along with Cherries, a Pecan Tart and Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert.

I let lunch settle until 1:00 before starting to exercise. It was only Friday that I last exercised but I’m trying to establish a routine once again. My problem is that when something else pops up I put myself to the back of the line. My afternoon shower felt quite refreshing.

Shortly after 4:00 we were on our way to our daughter Karen’s house in Tecumseh. We took the Truck because I was planning on repairing a broken weld on a flower stand for her and she also invited us for Barbecued Hamburgers. It’s been so long since we’ve had Barbecued Hamburgers we could taste them before we left the Apartment.

Before Karen started the Burgers she showed me what she needed repaired. A couple of tacks had broken loose on a Plant Stand that she found reasonably priced on Marketplace. Knowing it would be a while before supper would be ready I went to the Truck to collect the tools I needed.

It didn’t take long to set up my portable Welding Machine but I still had a problem. I’ve kept both (2) my Welding Shields covered over in the back seat of the Truck since last Fall (Out of sight, Out of mind.) so they would not be visible to prying eyes. The problem is they are both Auto Darkening and they need light to keep the Batteries charged. I had to weld a spot at a time because neither shield would darken. I was just finishing when Karen called me in.

Inside Karen had baked some French Fries and made a Rice Salad that was delicious to go with the Hamburgers. Last night’s burger had been done in a frying pan. These were done the way they should all be done on the grill. Karen then topped it all off with a Peach/Brie Cheese Pastry that she made herself.

After eating a tasty meal I went back outside to close up the Welding Machine. When I returned it to the Truck I brought back my small Angle Grinder and cleaned what I considered to be messy welds. They will not break this time.

Greg had been at Kevin’s working on the new sliding Barn Doors for their Gazebo. When he got home I helped carry them to the back deck. We continued visiting outside for a while. It was past 8:00 before we said our good nights.
The Red Box is actually the Welding Machine we carry in our Trailer.
The Flower Rack is like a Spiral Staircase.
Even though the drive home is an easy one we were looking straight into the Sun as it sank lower into the sky. I almost missed the entrance to the parking lot because of that.
We watched the 11 o’clock Local News from London. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

What do you get when you put a candle in a suit of armour?


A knight light.

4 comments:

  1. It is great that you were able to help your daughter with your welding skills.

    I am just imagining how good those bar-b-qued hamburgers tasted.

    That is a very nice sunset picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A handy dad ... always nice to have around!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen knew you'd be able to fix that flower stand. Heck, you could probably build one like that or even better. A good BBQ burger is always delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would your daughter share the recipe for Rice Salad?

    ReplyDelete