It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2020

Factory Message, Dealing With Things and Nomination Finale.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Knowing we didn’t have much planned for today after waking up at 7:00 I just lay there letting myself feel physically rested before getting up nearly a Half Hour later. Today I did things slightly different by setting up the Computers before returning to the kitchen where I started getting things ready to make breakfast.
It didn’t take long for Kathy to sense my absence before she came out to join me. It was at that moment I started the stove and began mixing up breakfast. We’ve mentioned how we hate to let food spoil which would be the same as throwing our money away. We had a couple of Bananas that were getting a little too ripe. By crushing them and adding them to a Pancake Mix we gained the nutrition and natural flavour without losing our food.

I had mentioned yesterday that I planned on contacting the Jayco Customer Representative today. Imagine my surprise when I opened my E-mail to find a message from a different Representative. They were explaining things they had done that were not of any concern to us. So I thanked them for that before writing a very detailed message as to why the Trailer is actually there. There is a chance that they might have replied to me but since I check my messages once a day I’ll find out tomorrow.
We spent the morning dealing with our usual chores before setting about making Split Pea with Ham Soup for lunch. We then had the last of the Cinnamon Rolls for dessert.

Once the Dishes were cleaned we had a number of other things to deal with and not all were successful. Guess we’ll just have to try again.

Watching the 6 o’clock Local News we were shown the Provincial Governments plan for reopening Schools. Some will remain on-line, others in person and some undecided. Our Temperatures are going to warm up again for the next week before returning to seasonal highs.
For supper we had a Store Bought Thin Crust Pizza. You can’t beat the Price, there’s a Variety and it’s always ready in Fifteen Minutes.

Later we watched the last night of the Democratic Presidential Nomination. As I’ve said we are trying to understand the process so this is a learning curve. We also know that this is not what a normal convention looks like but due to the Coronavirus it’s totally different between Videos and Live broadcasts from different locations. The strong point of Joe Biden’s speech was that he was not going to serve as a Republican or a Democrat but as an American with the theme to “Build Back Better”.

Next week we’ll get the chance to see how the Republican Presidential Nomination is run. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

In democracy, it’s your vote that counts.

In feudalism, it’s your count that votes.

4 comments:

  1. I was VERY disappointed that Biden just read his speech from a teleprompter. It just didn't sound the least bit heartfelt to me. He's been in political positions for over 40 years and has done nothing. I'm wondering why all of a sudden he thinks he can do something now. I'm hoping the other side has a better handle on the country.
    How weird you get an email from another rep about your rig. I hope you gave him what for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much to understand when it comes to American Politics. We have these folks who have been on the job 40 plus years, and they somehow come to think "We the People" should continue their lazy do nothing ways with great pay and benefits. We elected a President who doesn't sugar coat or make demands for his special interests, and the world hates him. I am praying Trump continues and with good luck, we'll get another guy like him come along in 5 years to continue his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why they would work on other items on your RV that you did not request. Hopefully, they will address the main problem to your satisfaction.

    I had a very busy day yesterday so it was no surprise that I fell asleep after Keisha Lance Bottoms' speech during the 2020 Democratic National Convention. Have not had a chance to listen to Biden's speech yet.

    I am glad I am not a parent as it must be a very difficult decision to arrive at as to whether to send your child to school or keep them at home during COVID-19 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have better luck with Jayco than we did with repairs to our Open Range. Because the bedroom slide had a cracked side, the kitchen/living room floor rotted out, the residential fridge sometimes worked when not plugged to shore power and sometimes didn't and we had 3 Spring hangers break.

    The rig was less than 18 months old. They took it back to the manufacturer in Indiana for all repairs. We were thrilled when we picked it up. They even fixed some damaged that we did. No charge.

    So we hook up, drove 200 miles and another Spring Hanger broke. They sent technicians who fixed it but told us another one was about to break. They repaired it.

    Drove the rest of the way to Alabama (holding our breath) took it to local dealer and traded. So disappointed. We loved the floor plan and the unit. Just could not trust it.

    ReplyDelete