It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Up Early, Kathy’s Happy Feet and Pepper Steak.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Last night Kathy was in bed by 11:30 and I was actually laying down next to her before midnight. After having several days of sleeping until 8:00 or later today I didn’t have to worry about that. I was wide awake by 4:00 before Tossing and Turning until 5:00 when I simply got up. Thinking that by reading Blogs early would help me feel tired I found out differently.

When Kathy joined me at 8:00 I was just starting to feel a little tired so it was time to fix that problem. Instead of having a Decaffeinated Coffee I had a Regular Black Coffee with my Muffin. Within Ten Minutes I was wide awake.
I had finished my morning reading by 9:00 then started my chores. When Kathy looked up from her Computer and saw me setting things up by the Table she practically ran to get changed. We’ve mentioned in the past how Mary from Healthy Heals comes to take care of Kathy’s feet but because of the Coronavirus she is being restricted to how many patients she can see in a week and it’s been some time since she saw Kathy. When we travel I take over keeping Kathy walking without the pain from her Toe Nails.

Last night they were starting to bother her so after setting up an Epson Salts Foot Bath I started trimming her Nails. The One tends to curl down on the end of the toe and requires a Rotary Tool to grind it off as it is impossible to trim with Cutters. These Tools are strictly used for Kathy so she doesn’t catch anything from anyone. When that was done I ground the Cracked Skin on her heals to prevent any infections. After spraying her feet with Bactine to prevent infections I then added a Foot and Lower Leg Massage to create Blood Circulation. When all was said and done Kathy said she had Happy Feet.
For lunch I modified a Garden Salad by adding chopped Bacon, Onions and Pepper before seasoning it with a Raspberry Vinaigrette then adding Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Kathy made a dessert plate with Cherries and a Banana. It all tasted wonderful and was satisfying.

We had some Vegetables to use before they went bad so as soon as lunch was over it was back to the kitchen. After getting the Crock Pot ready I started chopping Onions, Green, Orange, Red and Yellow Peppers. Next I trimmed any gristle and fat from the Two Steaks before Cubing them to small bite sized pieces. Kathy finished all the seasoning before starting it to cook.
When it came time for supper Kathy served the Pepper Steak on some Egg Noodles that she cooked before adding a dusting of Parmesan Cheese. It was delicious.

The 6 o’clock Local News showed that our area can move to Phase 3 of the Coronavirus Recovery as long as we wear Masks inside any public building. I think I’ll sleep tonight. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Hedgehog, eh?

Why can’t they just share the hedge?



No comments:

Post a Comment