It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, August 17, 2020

Spam, Not Spam, Cooking Together and Nomination.


Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.
Click on the pictures to Enlarge

After staying up late last night reading on the Computer I didn’t quite get Eight Hours sleep even though I slept later. We were finishing breakfast and heading back to the Computers by 9:00 this morning.
The Clouds outside were starting to look threatening and The Weather Network was showing we could expect Severe Thunderstorms but looking at the Radar we just could not see that happening.

After checking the weather I then check our local news The Windsor Star before opening our E-mail. That is what I call the E-mail for the Blog. It’s also where messages for Comment Moderation go to. While reviewing older Blogs I was finding Spam just taking up my E-space so I set the Comments to require Moderation on any post older then Two Weeks. There were Three Comments that required moderation and the same person somehow connected to the word “Saw” in the titles of our posts. His comment started rambling about Saws in a post this last July continued into February of last year and was still rambling in a post in March 2015. He should have gotten a job in advertising but I tagged all his Comments as Spam.

When I went to check my personal E-mail because of that I check the Spam Folder which is something I do every month. There I found a personal message from my cousin that was about to be deleted in the next few days. I always check that on Blog Comments but had forgotten to check my own E-mail. The weird part was that a personal message was there and not some of the trash that I have to personally get rid of myself.
I spent the rest of the morning checking Blogs we follow on our Sidebar before doing my morning chores. When it was time for lunch I modified a Garden Salad by adding Bacon, Cherry Tomatoes, Onion, Peppers, Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing and Shredded Cheddar Cheese. Kathy diced up a couple of Peaches to go on the dessert plate with a Pecan Tart and a Chocolate Pudding Cup. Lunch tasted great.
We did a number of things such as data entries and not once did we see any Rain as a matter of fact all the Clouds disappeared.
It was nearly time for the 6 o’clock Local News when we made Grilled Cheese Sandwiches garnished with Dill Pickles. For dessert Kathy served us each a large scoop of Chapman’s Frozen Yogurt covered with Mixed Berries. It was really good.

We later watched some of the Democratic Presidential Nomination. In a time of Coronavirus and Social Distancing they figured a way to make it work without endangering anyone. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The beginning is always today.

Mary Wollstonecraft, Woman’s Rights Advocate.

2 comments:

  1. You are very generous to give two weeks to comments on your blog before having them go into the moderation file. I am not as benevolent and only give them three days. If I get a large number of spammer comments...I only give them 24 hours.

    I too watched the Democratic National Convention, I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I did. In particular, Michelle Obama's speech and former high profile Republicans endorsing the Biden/Harris ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spam is so frustrating but it sounds like you have a way to deal with it from your end. I haven't been hit too badly.

    ReplyDelete