It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, July 19, 2019

Separate Appointments and Severe Thunderstorm.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I must have slept like a rock last night but with a 10:00 appointment for this morning I was downstairs reading at my Computer before 6:30 this morning. Because Kathy’s appointment wasn’t until after noon I let her sleep until nearly 8:30 when I started making our Breakfast and Hot Drinks. We reviewed how Hot it was going to get today so Kathy wouldn’t be exposed to the extreme Humidex later.

Like I mentioned in last night’s blog post the Company I was going to see was located only Two Blocks from where we lived in our Apartment. The building they were located in used to be a small Medical Clinic that we had taken our granddaughter to after a Skiing Accident sent her home on Crutches.

I had to wait for a while and then it appeared they were putting on a presentation in the other room. It sounded like they were training a bunch of new employees. When I finally got to talk with the Representative by myself they were amazed at what I was doing. They could not help me just yet with what I’m looking for but figure they should be able to in the next couple of days.

It was nearly 11:30 when I left so I tried to give Kathy a quick call. She doesn’t like to rush and when the House Phone went to the Answering Machine I simply hung up.

I stopped at Wendy’s where I got a Chicken Wrap and a Senior’s Soft Drink for a cost of $2.45. It felt weird eating by myself. I would later find out that Kathy had settled for a Peanut Butter and Jam Sandwich before leaving Home.

Since we are already making appointments for next year I stopped at Staples where I managed to find the 2020 Calendars for our Day-Planner but no full sized calendars were in yet.

I then stopped at the Bell outlet at the Tecumseh Mall to inquire how the Phone Information I was putting on my Cell Phone was ending up on Kathy’s. Somehow both our E-mail Addresses were in my Phone so it was Linking them together. When the Representative offered to remove Kathy’s E-mail from my phone I declined. Heck I’ve got more Phone Numbers to add in both of them and if it’s only half the work so be it.

After stopping at Guardian Storage to collect our Mail my next stop was Home. Just getting out of the Truck I felt like the Sun was cooking me. Inside the Air Conditioning felt inviting.

I settled back in on the Computer getting caught up on Blogs that posted after I left this morning. Then I tried calling Kathy’s Cell Phone to see how she was doing. No Answer! I started doing more research and when I tried calling Kathy again her Cell Phone went straight to Voice Mail. Now I really started to worry because I didn’t set our Cell Phones up for Voice Mail. Just as I was about to go searching for her Kathy pulled into our Site.
Notice Quartzsite was cooler at that time.
Kathy’s new Cardiologist had spoke with her for nearly an Hour getting as much information as possible about her condition. He then sent her for an EKG. His receptionist said he never talks to anyone that long. On her way Home there was a detour because of a serious accident but Kathy finally made it Home Safely.
The Clouds were much darker then the Camera captured.
It wasn’t long after Kathy walked in the door that the sound of Distant Thunder grew louder and sometimes for quite a long stretch. At 3:30 in the afternoon it looked like the Sun had set. The Wind picked up for a few minutes but there was only a Two Minute Shower. The Thunderstorm lasted for nearly Two Hours. Checking the Radar the Storm was right over us and there were reports of Heavy Rain all around. We did loose Park Power twice but for less then a minute each time.
Kathy didn’t want me outside grilling in a Thunderstorm so she made Chocolate Chip Pancakes that we smothered with Butter, Syrup, Strawberries and Cool-Whip. (Calories and Carbs) One each was more then enough.

Since the forecast has been raised for tomorrow we’ll have to find something cool to do. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Be above it! Make the world serve your purpose, but do not serve it.

Johann Goethe, German Poet

6 comments:

  1. I never would have believed chocolate chips in pancakes would be good until I tasted them. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divide and conquer sometimes it's the way to get things done. Love chocolate chips in pancakes and then with some karo light syrup..yumm how I grew up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another busy day for you both. Sounds like Kathy's new doctor is very serious about his patients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see when a doctor takes the time to talk to his patients. I have never had chocalate chip pancackes but they look delicious.

    Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't think I'd ever grill again if I could have pancakes like that! :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got the appointments taken care of and enjoyed the storm from inside.
    The pancake does look filling!

    ReplyDelete