It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Cleaning, Detailing and “The Longest Ride”.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

Even though I was late getting to bed I was staring at the clock before 7:30 this morning. I barely had things ready for breakfast when Kathy was joining me downstairs. While we were at the Sleep Disorder Clinic yesterday they had raised the setting on Kathy’s CPAP Machine and that alone helped her to have a better night’s sleep. I wish they would have done mine as well because I’ve been waking tired in the mornings. After eating and doing my inside chores I still took the time to read the morning Blogs we follow before heading outside.
I still had to finish waxing the Back Wall and the Front Wall under the front overhang to the Pin before the Sun started getting Too Hot on those surfaces. Once I’d accomplished that it was back to applying the Coconut Oil on the Bedroom Slide. When it was finished it looked like when we had first seen it at the Dealership.
Getting a little thirsty because I’d already drank Two Bottles of Water I headed inside to find Kathy putting the finishing touches on our lunch. She served us the Leftover Boneless Pork Chops that I grilled on Thursday, the few Leftover Perogies we had in the Freezer and a Leftover Tomato that we shared. For dessert we each had a Date Square and a Chocolate Pudding Cup because we would both need the extra energy.

After I went back outside Kathy started Dusting, Vacuuming and Washing almost everything that was in our Bedroom. Even though she had done it since we’ve been back to McGregor she was still finding lots of dust that seemed to have made its way inside.

When the Sun got too high in the sky around 1:30 so I moved everything to the Curbside where it was starting to get some Shade before going in for a short break. Kathy had just sat down for to catch her breathe. Even with the AC running the Upstairs is always warmer then the Living Area of our Trailer.
Kathy went back to cleaning the Bathroom and the Hallway while I was detailing the Curbside with the Coconut Oil but by 3:00 I needed another break because it just seemed Too Hot. Inside I checked to see what the temperature was and found our Humidex at 104 F (40 C). When I looked up at another of our favourite locations Quartzsite was feeling like 106 F (41 C). The Lower Humidity here makes it feel warmer. The Lower Humidity in Quartzsite was making it feel cooler.
Kathy and I occasionally try some Precooked Foods and if they taste decent we will consider having them on hand for a quick and easy meal. Today Kathy tried a Shredded Pork served on Hamburger Buns. It tasted pretty good even though we ate it without any condiments on it and there’s still more for another meal.

After eating I headed back outside getting more of the Detailing completed but by 6:00 even though there was a nice breeze I had to call it a day. I had to take a shower to cool down.

All work and no play was wearing us both down so we watched the movie “The Longest Ride” starring Scott Eastwood, Britt Robertson and Alan Alda. Kathy called it a Love Story with a lot of action and gave it a Twelve out of Ten. ???? It was good.

We’ve both already taken an Extra Strength Tylenol. We’ll see what we get into tomorrow. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Words of Inspiration

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans), English Novelist

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see if the coconut oil collects dust or if it soaks in to the paint. I bet your rig looks brand new with all the work you've put in to it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh darn that humidex is high! uhhh...Glad Kathy's CPAP is working better..maybe you can take yours in to be re calculated! I don't know if we've seen The Longest Ride but thinking we will!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are near the finish line of the cleaning and shining. To Hot to do that kind of work.

    ReplyDelete