It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Relaxing, Exercising, Visiting, Checking High Water Levels and “Enemy Territory”


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I was tired enough when I went to bed last night that each time I woke I’d roll over forcing myself to sleep in until nearly 7:00 this morning. It was almost like the old Work Hours I used to maintain years ago were trying to kick back in. One thing that will definitely change is my effort to get to bed earlier. I may have been able to survive on little sleep back then but not now. I had most of my morning Reading and Chores completed before Kathy got out of bed. We enjoyed breakfast and made plans to go visiting this afternoon.
Still blooming.
Even though I’m not required to do extreme lifting on this new Job the standing on the hard Cement Floor for nearly the entire shift was causing me a few Aches and Pains that had to be ironed out. After finishing my morning Coffee I walked over to the Park Exercise Room. Even at 11:00 in the morning the Humidex was just shy of the Century Mark. With the only air movement being through a few screened windows I was back Home before noon.
Kathy was in the final stages of making us Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for lunch along with a Clementine Orange and Chocolate Pudding Cup for dessert. We spent a few more minutes on the Computers before heading out the door at 1:00.
Grandma always gives Sanford a treat.
Our destination was our daughter Karen’s house in Tecumseh. Of course the one that made the biggest fuss when he saw us was Sanford. He immediately found one of his Chew Toys that we had given him but to say it was a lot smaller would be an understatement. We let them know that I was back in the workforce and why. Karen suggested a few other things that might help save us some cash as well.
When we left there we started driving around the east end of Windsor looking at the High Water Levels the area is experiencing. All the heavy Rain that we had throughout the Spring and early Summer are still affecting the area.
Since it was nearly 5:00 we thought about eating at the nearby Michigan Dinner on Tecumseh Road East. Kathy had a taste for their Fish and Onion Rings off the Senior’s Menu while I wanted something different. I ordered their Chicken Parmesan off the Senior’s Menu but it came with a side of Fettuccine. Would anyone care to guess what I’m going to be having for lunch tomorrow? It is a smaller portion then what is on the Regular Menu but I struggled to eat half.
When we left there we stopped at Zehrs grocery store to pick up a few groceries to tide us over this week.

It was close to 7:00 by the time we got Home and put the groceries away. We then decided to watch the 110 minute movie “Enemy Territory” starring Adrien Brody and Salma Hayek. Most of us will remember when the Shah of Iran was exiled in 1979 after the Ayatollah Khomeini turned the country into turmoil. This is a True Story of One Family’s Account of what they went through to survive those volatile times. We gave it a Seven out of TenForty Years later let’s hope history does not repeat itself.

I’m back to work in the morning and hopefully this will be a more productive week. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You were born with a spork in your mouth.

5 comments:

  1. Will this new job affect your winter travels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're adjusting well to the idea of being back to work. Nice that Karen had some money saving ideas. Sanford is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That extra money is always worth the effort. It's why I work the Pumpkin Patch. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete